Featured Lamp information

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by rrrdbw, Dec 22, 2020.

1. rrrdbw

rrrdbw New Member

20201222_152426.jpg 20201222_152440.jpg 20201222_152446.jpg 20201207_210646.jpg 20201207_210507.jpg 20201207_210520.jpg 20201207_205809.jpg 20201207_205914.jpg Hey folks,

Fairly new to antiques so I will be posting alot of items on this forum to get more info on some of the antiques I have collected over the years that I am wanting to sell. Trying to figure out the price point. I am unable to google more information. Excuse the dust I have not cleaned them yet.

The first one is this antique brass with some porcelain flower lamp that has ruffled shades. What I know is that it belonged to a historic landmark home that was build in the early 1900's.

The second is also an antique from same collection. 3 light bulbs, surrounded by crystals, and fruit crystals. All crystal/glass ornaments are complete.The pear shaped ones are dark red kinda purple looking. I have a set. The appraisal was $675 a piece. That does sound right? Any more information?

Thanks, in advance.

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, rrr!
    Please check the box for Full images, next time, Thanks
    I’ve enlarged yours for you.

Aquitaine, judy and sabre123 like this.
  3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

All are pretty, but I really love that Nouveau lamp in your top photo.

In terms of value, insurance appraisal prices are normally much higher than what you'll see on the open market.

Did they replace the sockets/light bulb holders in that top lamp when it was rewired? They look new, but I can't tell without seeing the entire fixture.

judy and i need help like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Nice lamps.

judy likes this.
  5. rrrdbw

rrrdbw New Member

The socket looks original to me. Here's a better view of socket , you can see the swivel ball to adjust angle. The socket appears shinier on the first picture which appears to be newer. Nouveau is that the style , I wasn't sure. 20201222_152701.jpg

6. i need help

320E9DE9-D24B-472B-BB95-4B14543F75D0.jpeg I think they advertised this one wrong, sorry dead link.

7. i need help

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I suspect those are the original shades, and the current ones replacements. They look home made to me.

i need help, judy and sabre123 like this.
  9. sabre123

Sadly, they've been replaced with new cheap ones. Whenever I see the old brass ones at estate sales, I pick them up. Of all of the ones I have gotten, only a few have not worked when I wire them up.

I would not be surprised if some of the repair shops take the good ones and tell customers they replaced them for "safety" reasons when they rewire the lamps.

If it were my lamp, I'd get a matching pair of period pieces and replace.

https://tinyurl.com/ybumye37

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with the others. Sockets and shades are replacements. Value is more in line with the one posted, which looks all original. Second pair seems newer. Maybe more mid-20th century.... give or take.

komokwa and i need help like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

So, time to take Granny's underwear off those lamps and get some pretty glass replacement shades.:playful:

patd8643, Ally330 and i need help like this.
  12. sabre123

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  13. rrrdbw

rrrdbw New Member

Thanks for the info everyone. Show's how little I know about anything. I suppose that's wisdom in itself. I kinda like granny's panties on em. I'll sell to a granpa that remembers the good ole days. :)

14. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

:shame:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  15. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

They are lovely lamps. If they came from a historic estate, if I was going to sell them, I'd learn more about them. Storied pieces sell for more. That being said the fruit glass is gorgeous. At auction I'd pay $65. If you have a good documented history for them from the historic home and the person was fascinating $125. If I collected those specific style lamps (rare to find a collector like that) and those lamps were rare, $150. Antique shop consignment $160 but it will be a while before they sell. Just my op and things tend to sell for cheap here in OH compared to other places.

Draft saved Draft deleted