Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at Antiques Board.

1. ascot replied to the thread Advice on restoring antique mirror frame.

Thank you! I'll see if I can find gesso for sale online. I've no idea of the value of the mirror - junk shop find - and there are no...

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:22 PM
  2. Debora replied to the thread Advice on restoring antique mirror frame.

The floral accents should be made of gesso. Which would later be gilded. If the mirror has any financial value, you might be happier...

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:15 PM
  3. Debora replied to the thread Naive American southern scene.

Would/could you post a photograph of the back please? Debora

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:09 PM
  4. Debora attached a file to the thread Naive American southern scene.

Soldiers from the Second French Empire. Debora [ATTACH]

06.jpg Jun 12, 2024 at 3:09 PM
  5. Boland liked Skander S.'s post in the thread Hi everyone. I request your assistance in identifying this goat mask please..

Thanks a lot @2manybooks i will do my searchs !

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:09 PM
  6. Boland liked 2manybooks's post in the thread Hi everyone. I request your assistance in identifying this goat mask please..

Welcome, @Skander S. Your mask is a type called a "helmet" mask, which is worn on top of the head, and depicts an antelope. Based on...

upload_2024-6-11_12-0-39.png Jun 12, 2024 at 3:08 PM
  7. Boland liked Any Jewelry's post in the thread Hi everyone. I request your assistance in identifying this goat mask please..

Welcome Skander. Probably not a goat, more likely an antelope. West African, but I don't know exactly which tribe. I will tag someone...

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:07 PM
  8. Boland liked Skander S.'s post in the thread Hi everyone. I request your assistance in identifying this goat mask please..

Back by Skander S. posted Jun 10, 2024 at 8:32 PMFace by Skander S. posted Jun 10, 2024 at 8:32 PM3/4 by Skander S. posted Jun 10, 2024...

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:07 PM
  9. charlie cheswick replied to the thread old wood engraving.

yeah does seem to have been trimmed or torn on one side. i bet somebody did that to fit the frame, as it was such a bad match, and...

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:06 PM
  10. ascot posted a new thread.

Advice on restoring antique mirror frame

I'm not much of a DIYer, but I'd like to try my hand at restoring the leaf and flower accents around this old mirror so I can hang it in...

Forum: Furniture

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:06 PM
  11. nastina.nastea replied to the thread Age of the brooch?.

I was just trying to catch a good light:D:D:D

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:03 PM
  12. nastina.nastea liked komokwa's post in the thread Age of the brooch?.

ohhh, now yer just showing off....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: nice pin..

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:02 PM
  13. Bronwen liked Ownedbybear's post in the thread Brevettato Cameo Bracelet?.

Yup, the equivalent of patented, registered, deposee and DRGM.

14. Boland replied to the thread Naive American southern scene.

There’s something up the rock outcrop. Looks like the one quy trying to figure out the size of something. I also like the size of the dog..

15. Debora replied to the thread Naive American southern scene.

Why do you believe it to be an American scene? And I'm puzzled by the fact that the women's clothing doesn't correspond to the date of...