Featured “Norwegian” Glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Shwikman, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

5D2901AF-B1F7-4AFA-85A9-60C92F380BD2.jpeg 4EB76C1C-D35C-4105-855D-57331BC5C6B1.jpeg 6A033905-8052-44C7-B699-F43F4A014094.jpeg More of clearing out Mom’s house. The story is these glasses were were given to her from her Norwegian grandmother…likely in the late 50’s or 60’s. There are 4 different forms, they’ve definitely seen some use! Any info would be great as always, Thank You!

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

4. Tahmoor girl

Tahmoor girl Active Member

Glastonbury/Lotus crystal minton pattern:
    [​IMG]

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

They turn up here, too, I've had some.

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Isn’t the OP optic panel like the Tiffin?

LauraGarnet02 and cxgirl like this.
  7. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Replacements lists the Glastonbury Lotus as first on the list, but also lists a whole lot of other possibilities. Pictures of the rims on Replacements aren't real clear.

8. Janice Nicholls

Janice Nicholls Active Member

I have 3 of them. Put them up for sale locally South West Ontario and got no interest, and I was not asking for much money!

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

yup, Tiffin Franciscan:)

10. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

The "optics" are done by lowering the initial glass bubble into a wire frame with a number of wires equally spaced around it. Then withdrawing it and expanding the bubble into the final mold for it's shape. The same number of wires in the optic mold will produce the same effect in any factory they are used in. Optics can't be used (generally) to identify an manufacturer.

11. DizzyDaff

DizzyDaff Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

In my experience, things always sell better and quicker when you have definitive Name/Date info about them

Draft saved Draft deleted