Featured "100 Year Old Bowl"

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jim H, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Jim H

Jim H New Member

Ok, so that's what my mother called this bowl when she was growing up. She was born in 1947. The bowl was her grandmother's bowl and my mother had it for most of her adult life.

My mother has been gone for nine years now, and I've been the keeper of the "100 Year Old Bowl", which by my calculations must be much older by now as time stops for no man.

So, is there anyone that can help me understand the background of this piece? IMG_6236.JPG
    IMG_6237.JPG
    IMG_6238.JPG

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I'm unable to ID your bowl exactly, but it'll be 100 in another 10 or 15 years at the very earliest. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who will know the etching and/or the bowl design.

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It would help if you had it on a dark background without a conflicting pattern.

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

And a good shot from the side.
    It's a beautiful bowl, but it looks depression era (give or take) to me as well.

5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Tiffin/USG pattern #15360 With #601 etch c1930s

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!

lauragarnet likes this.
  7. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

Maybe there was an older bowl once upon a time but someone broke it and bought that one as a replacement.. hoping no one would notice.

KingofThings likes this.
  8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Scroll down for a photo of your exact: "3-toed footed" bowl:

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/tifetch601a.htm

It's beautiful! I love the floral etched crystal from the 1930s/40s/50s. I own a lot of Fostoria Buttercup, which is very similar to your pattern.

9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

We think something must be antique when our greatgrandma, who was born in 1902 for example, owned it, but she probably got it as an adult. The grandma would likely be born in the 1920s, then the mom in 1947.

10. Jim H

Jim H New Member

Thanks! She WAS born in 1900. I need to verify this is indeed the 100 Year Old bowl my mom talked about vs some other one. Will speak with my sister to see what she remembers.

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted