12 POSTERS (1 PER MONTH) AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 1950's?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jul 29, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this framed AMA public service poster at a local thrift store & thought it was cool so I bought it. Imagine my surprise when I realized that there were 12 posters in the frame - each marked in the lower left corner with a different month of the year!
    These must have been public service announcements, but where were they placed - doctor's offices obviously, and maybe schools?
    They are all in mint condition except the one that had it's back exposed has toning - so does the one that was in front; showing these hadn't been changed much if ever.
    What year are these from? (1950s?)
    Do these have any value?
    Thanks all for any info
    AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER AMA PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER AMA PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 1BAAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER AMA PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER AMA PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 4AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER AMA PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 8AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER AMA PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 8AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER AMA PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 9AA.jpg

yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I'm thinking early to mid 1960s.

Christmasjoy, Bronwen and Fid like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Some seem to have an artist’s name, but I can’t read it.

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Definitely. When seat belts came on the market but you had to buy & install them yourself. My dad was an early adopter. Seem to recall he put them in our 1962 car, so '62/'63.

5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Also note shorter skirts, narrow tie on a gentleman, and nurses still wore caps and white. (Wish they still did!! Can't tell a nurse from the lady who cleans the lavatory!)

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

They're pretty cool...cept the 1st one where the Dr. is using his position to hit on that married nurse !! #METOO !!:(:(:hilarious::hilarious:

7. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

"Creeping obesity" conjures up images of it starting at the toes and slowly creeping up.

LIbraryLady likes this.
  8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

60s for sure. Obesity doesn’t creep anymore, it’s just stompin’ around! :smuggrin::beaver:

9. journeymagazine

Not all signed but ones that are have same signature
    AA EBAY NEW A ART POSTER AMA PUBLIC SERVICE POSTERS 9BAA.jpg

10. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

11. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The hospital where I had my knee replacement done last year puts everybody in different color uniforms & part of your welcome packet is a chart showing what color goes with which department.

On a personal note, if you ever had to wear one of those crazy things you would understand why we gave them up. They were fine when all you were doing is sitting at the desk charting or maybe passing out meds, but they were hard to keep in place if you were doing much else. I remember a couple of codes where there were caps thrown everywhere. :eek::eek:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  12. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

They are pretty cool. You'd have to find exactly the right buyer --probably Ebay. If you can't find others to get a price point, I would list on auction first (starting with an opening bid that you would be happy with for the set in case it just gets one bid.)

I love these older graphics, so colorful and typical of the era.

Interesting find!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. journeymagazine

14. journeymagazine

Just found his signature - I think they are by Dan Siculan!

15. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

I still think you should check you toes every day to see if "creeping obesity" has started.

Draft saved Draft deleted