1792 Frédérica or Memoirs of a young lady

Discussion in 'Books' started by Nathan Lindop, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

I bought this a little while ago in a mixed lot and due to being unable to find it anywhere else I've held onto it.

The pictures speak for themselves. I have been able to find amazon reprinting an edition custom order but no other original copies.

Its a ste of three of which I have two. What dyou think?

IMG_20190607_131854.jpg IMG_20190607_131627.jpg IMG_20190607_131611.jpg IMG_20190607_131556.jpg IMG_20190607_131526.jpg

2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

3. McAdder

McAdder Well-Known Member

Are you sure that there is a third volume?

https://books.google.at/books?id=eqIQKEEEbgAC&pg=PA1

The title page of this second volume says two volumes, maybe the young lady didn't have to say as much as she thought in the beginning :)

Edit; Sorry I see now thats from a different printer.

4. Nathan Lindop

Haha I get you but yeh different printings. I have no idea why this book is so difficult to find. I'll just have to list it blindly, it's definately something to test with an auction

McAdder, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  5. McAdder

McAdder Well-Known Member

I dont think that it is valuable. Around that time many novels like that were written and printed, most are forgotten today. Many rightly so.
    That a book is rare is not enough, you need a reason why it is still relevant today ie a known author, interesting or revolutionary topic...

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  6. Nathan Lindop

Of course. The rarest books are usually the worst that were never reprinted haha. Well it didn't cost me much at least and it's all fun :joyful:

7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Without knowing how the story ends, & with such a miserable review...

McAdder and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted