Featured 1900s flip book

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Lucille.b, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Not too many questions here (unless these are famous people?? Anyone someone recognizes?)

You flip the pages and the scene here is that the two men face each other sort of laughing and turn. Not too much movement.

bio1.jpg

bio2.jpg

bio9.jpg

Chris Roy, Figtree3, sabre123 and 3 others like this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Not Laurel & Hardy,Abbot & Costello,Martin & Lewis or John & Paul...hmmmmmm....extremely cool though,never seen one in many long years.

Lucille.b and judy like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

How interesting but I have no clue who they are.

Lucille.b and judy like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. bosko69

Debora-Exceptional article,a Kinora Viewer,good lord ! This is the stuff I'd collect (given the time & money). True 'Steampunk' is every bit as amazing as the film prop stuff.
    PS-Just found 2 Kinoras online,one for a mere $5,800,the other for $8,900,a pittance.

Chris Roy, Lucille.b and Debora like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Unless one of these men is Harry Selfridge I doubt we can figure out who they are. But it is a fun little thing, isn't it!

Lucille.b and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Chris Roy, Lucille.b and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone.

This was at an estate sale. The sale was a bit unorganized, and they actually had a little sticker on the bag this was in that said "sterling". I could see it wasn't sterling, but the price was reasonable ($10 I think) and I've never seen anything remotely similar so picked it up. Probably more interest for ones that have a scene like a guy smoking a cigar or something, here just two guys looking around and laughing a bit, but hopefully will make some profit.

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Dunno but would think they're rather rare.

Debora

10. bosko69

I'd think they'd be worth at least ten times what you paid for it.Of course the real bonanza would be a naughty one (w/perhaps someone famous ?). Don't tell my wife I said that !

Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted