1904 baseball photo

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Tconn861, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Tconn861

Tconn861 New Member

AJefferson and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

School or shop team, most likely.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

oh...ok....good to see it here !!!

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

A quick Google search gave me a W. M. Flickinger, photographer, of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

6. Tconn861

Tconn861 New Member

Thx for the info. i did look at that but found little else as the book was written before the photo in question was taken. it does help as I will do some more digging into the area he is from and see what i can find out. Thx :)

7. Bakersgma

"The book"? What book? I found a photo online that was taken by him and was mounted in a card with both his name and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania impressed.

8. Tconn861

Tconn861 New Member

9. Bakersgma

William M. Flickinger, born in Pennsylvania 7 Mar 1859, died 25 November 1949 (Bethlehem, PA), appears in the 1900 Census of Bethlehem, working as a photographer.

KingofThings and Tconn861 like this.
  10. Bakersgma

Just because that article appeared in 1897, I wouldn't have discounted it at all. That's less than 10 years before your picture was dated. A mere blip in time.

The photo I found posted on Flickr was dated 1903, if that makes you feel more comfortable.

11. Tconn861

Tconn861 New Member

Agreed it will still contain good info either way. Sadly i am still slowly looking at it and it is going to take a while. It is actually 563 pages to go through :)

KingofThings likes this.
  12. Bakersgma

Why? If there were more places in the book where his name appeared, you should have gotten hits to the additional places on Google.

BaseballGames and KingofThings like this.
  13. KingofThings

"....and the hits just keep onnnnnnnn comin'."
    :)

14. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

There was lots of baseball around Bethlehem. Bethlehem Steel had its own league. I found a reference to a 20 inning amateur game between the "Never Works" and the "Never Sweats"

zza1.jpg

Tconn861, Bakersgma, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  15. Tconn861

Tconn861 New Member

Ask Google..lol

KingofThings likes this.
  16. KingofThings

Sometimes Goofle.
    ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted