Featured 1911 Watercolor on cardboard - artist?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Does anyone know the initials EAH? No luck so far. I picked this up at the swap shop at the dump. It's a poor piece - torn and broken - but I love it. We plan to have it framed as is. 2016-01-15 14.00.54 (600x800).jpg 2016-01-15 14.01.02 (600x800).jpg 2016-01-15 14.01.05 (600x800).jpg 2016-01-15 14.01.09 (600x800).jpg

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Absolutely enchanting!

Edit - Say, Bev... I wanted to message you, but I can't make that option happen... is that a setting, or is my laptop plotting against me again? Sorry, if seem nosy... I *AM* nosy.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Not sure about messaging. I clicked on your name and then "Start a conversation" I know from the past that everyone can read messages, so it's not like a private thing

4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Thanks! Yeah, others' are working. When I click on you, I get no "start a conversation" option...

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That looks like an old piece of advertising art. Pretty sweet, especially for free.

Mugzinnys likes this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

We looked for children's book illustrators, advertising illustrators - it looked like it might be a soap ad - and watercolorists. No luck with the initials EAH.

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

A charming picture...

8. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

What a shame, but still worth saving by a long shot.

9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Our local frame shop has a trained archivist on staff. We're taking it down to them tomorrow. I couldn't believe someone would trash this.

Figtree3 and Bakersgma like this.
  10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    You would not believe what things family throw away after a death. One family threw out a huge box of photographs and booklets from their father in France during WWII. I still have them since the VFW where they were found refused to accept them. I pulled 18 pieces of sterling serving pieces since the family did not want to polish it.
    greg

11. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Messages started from "Start a Conversation" are private. Messages posted on someone's profile page are public.

With some members, I see a "Start a Conversation" option, but for other members I don't see that option. I thought it correlated to the little green triangles, but it doesn't.

Moderators.... why would that be?

12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I was chatting with a member once and a third party chimed in telling me they could read what we were saying so I've been circumspect ever since.

13. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Mr. Silver Polish. I wish you lived nearby!!

14. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    You know I love to polish silver.:rolleyes:. I offered Mansen to come to Chicago and polish all his silver also.
    greg

15. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Makes me want to go out and buy a bunch of silver just so you'll pay us a visit!

16. Bev aka thelmasstuff

In the meantime, if anyone finds a clue about EAH, let me know. My son is convinced it's someone famous. Sound familiar? Don't we all think our painting is by a famous artist.

Mugzinnys likes this.
  17. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Bev, the posts were probably on your profile page rather than the private conversations page.

Mugzinnys likes this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

When you start a private conversation there's a little box to click on that allows others to be invited into the chat.

Mugzinnys likes this.
  19. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm not a moderator, of course. :)

But, under the Privacy settings there is a choice of whether to allow others to start private conversations with you. If that box is unchecked, I assume that would delete the "Start a Conversation" option for others.

Mugzinnys and Pat P like this.
  20. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Back to the watercolor......first, it's amazing what good conservationists can do to restore an item!! I hope you will show us when it's done!!!! But also, it looks like more initials (?) at the bottom of the H...to me...........or maybe the year 1911???

Draft saved Draft deleted