Featured 1920's Benches

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Christopher, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Christopher

Christopher Well-Known Member

I picked up two of these benches this weekend. A little research put them at 1920's-30's , I believe, but the label is confusing. Each bench has a similar label that appears to describe cabinet components (the only difference is one mentions American walnut and the other bench says Honduran Mahogany) with no mention of a particular maker. My questìon is, is this a generic label that was used by several manufacturers in this era or does anyone recognize this as a particular maker? Thanks
    20170730_063604-2832x1170.jpg 20170729_224112-1264x1715.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Probably some sort of lumber association label. Kind of like a Good Housekeeping label for wood ... LOL!

Figtree3, Ghopper1924, judy and 2 others like this.
  3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I don't think the labels really belong to benches - no desk partitions or drawers!

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

\ good call...

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Could be a label they stick on all their furniture. Or they ran out of stickers for benches, and the boss said to just stick this one on, since it was all American walnut anyway.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Figtree3, Ghopper1924 and Christopher like this.
  6. Christopher

Christopher Well-Known Member

After doing some additional research It seems to be a generic label used by the Kittinger company of Buffalo. I'm only guessing this after finding the same label attached to the underside of a globe stand manufactured by them. Seems kind of lazy on their part but probably a money and time saver.

Draft saved Draft deleted