1920s Coca Cola crate with unopened bottles

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Angela Heinz, May 8, 2021.

1. Angela Heinz

Angela Heinz New Member

20210507_143940~2(1)(1).jpg Good morning fellow antique lovers! I stumbled across this old Coca Cola 6 pk bottle crate with unopened bottles. The bottles are the "Christmas" bottles dated Dec 25, 1923. I cannot find this crate on EBay or Worthpoint. Do we have any Coca Cola experts that can tell me more about this? I can try to upload more photos but this forum makes photos difficult.

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I think those who would know, would need more photos. You can usually re-size by emailing photos to yourself as Medium.

Or there are apps, must be 1 mb or less.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

See if any of this helps in getting your images up here: If not, keep asking, we'll help get them posted!!!

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    there are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 8 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

Debora likes this.
  4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I'll be darned - I think this is the easiest forum to add pictures. Once you get them resized you can also just drag and paste them in your reply.

komokwa likes this.
  5. Angela Heinz

Angela Heinz New Member

Thank you all for your assistance. I was able to resize the photos. Any help or information on the Coca Cola is appreciated. coke 2.jpg coke 3.jpg coke 4.jpg coke.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I think you need to do some research as to when ingredients were required in U.S. food labelling and when Coca-Cola was first made with high fructose corn syrup instead of sugar. (Wasn't too long ago if I remember.)

Debora

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A quick internet search tells us that Coca-Cola began using high fructose corn syrup in 1980. That would be the earliest date for your bottles.

Debora

8. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

Where is the Dec 25, 1923 date located? I can't seem to find it in the photos.

9. i need help

EDB26020-DAC6-46EE-BF54-DEF521BB76E0.jpeg Looks like the bottom line here.

smallaxe likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Did Coke date their bottles.......???......

11. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

It's likely the 1989 or 1990 reproductions. The 1923 date is the patent date of the bottle shape. http://www.teampins.com/1923cokenotes.html
    Someone probably put the new bottles in the old case, because it looks much cooler that way.

i need help and wiscbirddog like this.
  12. i need help

13. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

14. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I remember reading where Coca Cola was exempt from listing ingredients on their glass bottles. The old bottles had fired-on lettering and were re-used. To add an ingredient list would have required a whole change in bottling. Coca Cola was (and probably still is) very well connected politically. The rule was bent to allow them to put the ingredients on the cap.

Draft saved Draft deleted