1930s-1950s metal ice cream containers

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by sao, Oct 14, 2016.

1. sao

sao New Member

410-12.jpg I unfortunately have not had the chance to view these in person yet, so I am not sure on the condition other than what can be seen in the picture. I believe these are 10-quart ice cream containers from the Prince Castle’s company out that was out of the Chicago, Illinois area from around the 1930s to 1950s. Although they’re not pictured, each container has a cover. I purchased them through an auction of a dairy bar/ice cream shop that just closed after 70 years in Wisconsin.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the rarity, value and/or demand for these? Thanks!

KingofThings likes this.
  2. maryislgal

maryislgal Well-Known Member

I think you will do well with these. The Prince Castle square ice cream scoops are going for 200-300 dollars.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

4. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WHOA!!!!!! Did you see Etsy's listing price?????????? For ONE!!!!!

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Easy..easy there.....it's in Canadian funds ....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

On the other hand.....the ones above are in nicer condition...with TOPS .....so asking the same & amount.....or MORE ....may not be out of line...??? !!!!! :)

KingofThings likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Komo, just out of curiosity, how do you know that's Canadian funds????? I didn't see anything on the site that said so..............but you're right about the ones above being nicer!

KingofThings and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

antique metal ice cream bucket, Prince Castles Ice Cream, nostalgia ice cream can
    Ask a question
    CA$202.54

CA....kinds means Canadian funds to me....as opposed to ..say...US...:)

Maybe it's a mistake.....but c'mon...when the price is 202.54......it kinda looks like a rate change as opposed to some weird ass price !

At least that's the way I've learned to see things....

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

Thanks!!

10. sao

sao New Member

Thanks for the input everyone!

komokwa likes this.