1930's projector

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Mill Cove Treasures, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is very rough condition. It has the original case with top so I was surprised it was so rusty. I think it is a 1930ish model used for slide projection in larger auditoriums. Do you think someone would want it in this condition?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Yes!!!!

3. Mill Cove Treasures

It is so heavy, maybe I should try and sell it locally, guessing 25 pounds or more.

4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Are you thinking Ebay?
    Could make it pick up only.

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I sold a few of these on eBay - and the buyers wanted them so much that they gladly paid the necessary shipping. And if memory serves (memory? what memory?) it didn't take long to sell them either. Of course that was a decade ago, so.................

6. Mill Cove Treasures

I have never had any luck with local pick-up only on ebay. I was thinking more like Craigslist or the local yard sale platforms on facebook.

Thanks Mansons. These still seem to sell well in good condition. I haven't seen any that sold in the rough condition mine is in.

Here are completed auctions on ebay and most of these look new compared to mine.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sac...ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=Delineascope&_sop=3

7. Mansons2005

I am NOT an alarmist, but for heaven's sake, please be careful if using Craigslist.............I espouse it as one of my best venues, but I have the perfect set up for those sort of transactions............

lauragarnet likes this.
  8. Mill Cove Treasures

I appreciate the concern and warning. I won't do any meetings unless the person calls me. If they sound "off" or difficult, I pass. If they refuse to call, I pass. If I do arrange a meeting, it's at the barn where my big things are stored. The guy next door is a police officer and he parks his cruiser in the driveway. I make sure he's home and his cruiser is there at the time of the meeting. Haven't had a problem yet, hopefully, it stays that way.

cxgirl likes this.
  9. Mansons2005

Glad to hear the you have it "under control" and of course I should have assumed as much, but these days................

I am located on a busy residential corner (lots of dog walkers, etc) and I mean right on the corner - ground floor (not even a 2" step), with the door on an angle so it can be seen (and you can see) from all directions, and I have a motion activated video camera trained on the front door (which I inform buyers of before hand)............so I stand in the vestibule and the buyer stands on the sidewalk...........very convenient and safe. When explaining the "safety features" of the meet, I make it sound like I am reassuring the the BUYER that he/she will be safe. So many idiots have been insulted when I explain the scenario, assuming that I am assuming that they are out to rip me off............

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's not what you say, but how you say it !

11. Mansons2005

You've gotten THAT right!!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted