1936 Berlin Olympic games 1st class ticket book with 16 x ticket Stubs

Discussion in 'Sell' started by Serial, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Serial

Serial New Member

so i thought i would share some of my more unique items for people to see. This is one of the things i have on ebay so if you find it you will find my ebay account so feel free to message me if you would like to know anything about an item i am selling. i tend to not sell an item until i know what it is so if i have it in my store then i will most likely be able to help you with that item if you have one.
    anyway this is an item i aquaired recently with the art work i have already shared on this site and some nice jewellary, Royal orders, etc
    These tickets put the owner right in front of the finish line and medal presentation area, the owner would have seen the historic event of Jesse Owens winning the gold medal on the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 9th of August (ticket stubs for all these events are in the book) whilst being sat among prominent politicians, celebrities and dignitaries from around the world.

The ticket dates include Jesse Owens events

3rd Aug 1936 100m Gold
    4th Aug 1936 Long Jump Gold
    5th Aug 1936 200m Gold
    9th Aug 1936 4 x 100m Gold

1st aug opening ceremony
    1st Aug Grand Celebration

2nd Aug Athletics

6th Aug Athletics
    7th Aug Athletics
    8th Aug Athletics

10th Aug 1st Soccer Semi final
    11th Aug 2nd Soccer Semi final
    12th Aug Baseball exhibition game
    14th Aug Handball final
    15th Aug Soccer final
    16th Aug Final Ceremony

These are a great piece of history and i will be sad if i ever sell them (obviously the price i have listed them for reflects my attachment to them)

P_20181010_142234.jpg P_20181010_142327.jpg P_20181010_142349.jpg P_20181010_142403.jpg P_20181010_142432.jpg P_20181010_142450.jpg P_20181010_142508.jpg P_20181010_142612.jpg P_20181010_142658.jpg P_20181010_142730.jpg

2. Serial

Serial New Member

3. Serial

Serial New Member

oh i am not selling this here, i just thought that people might like to see it.
    sorry if i have breached any rules about showing off items i have acquired over time, i just like to share pictures of things that people are unlikely to ever see.

Pat P and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Serial,

It would be okay for you to show off your items in one of the categories like Antique Discussion or Ephemera & Photographs. Having it in the Sell forum may be confusing to some. And also, I suspect that fewer people look here because most of us are either asking or answering questions. Just for the future...

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Perhaps @daveydempsey or @Bookahtoo can move this thread to another more appropriate forum since your intent was not to Sell.

Pat P likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Hm. This thread started life in Ephemera and was moved here?

7. Figtree3

It did? Oh.

How can you tell?

8. Bakersgma

If you go to the Ephemera Forum list, you'll see a thread by the same member with the same title with the little "arrow" for "moved." If you click on the arrow it brings you here.

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Figtree3

Oh! Okay...

10. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I moved it to sell because it was advertised as selling on eBay.

"This is one of the things i have on ebay so if you find it you will find my ebay account so feel free to message me if you would like to know anything about an item i am selling"

Figtree3, Bakersgma and komokwa like this.
  11. Bakersgma

Ah. I see that now. I just saw his post about "not selling this here." Speed reading didn't work this time. ;)

12. Figtree3

Yep, me, too. Thanks!

Bakersgma likes this.
  13. Serial

Serial New Member

Sorry if that came across as i am trying to sell it, i meant if you needed help with an item like anything i am selling. But i understand why you moved it.

daveydempsey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted