Featured 1940

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Vintage Maven, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

More of my family vintage photos. I’ve been looking through a lot from the 1940’s, there are plenty of the family from that era, and I’m learning many family stories along the way too.

Sisters! The year is 1940, the family business is still going well, so Great Grandfather moves the family to a bigger home. Smiles & togetherness.

1EE67C83-A02C-4E72-ADCB-92FDA54E45EE.jpeg

2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Very nice! Then what??? We can't wait to hear some of the stories!

3. Vintage Maven

Are you sure I am not boring you? @Bookahtoo (I do know the next few years after this photo, many young men in the family joined the Canadian Army to serve as World War Two escalated, I have, a few, but not a lot of pictures of that as well; the girls at home had yet to make some sacrifices too).

4. Vintage Maven

727EA39F-1E2D-4AF5-93C8-5B8A39B2BFB6.jpeg
    Hi @Bookahtoo Here’s a few of the family World War Two service photos I have yet to enlarge for posting. They are various relatives who served and amazingly all came back home. There are some from basic training etc, it’s quite interesting to see these, many I’m seeing for the first time.

5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Those are great. I love the one of the two couples.

Vintage Maven likes this.
  6. Vintage Maven

Thank you @Bookahtoo I am glad you like them. That Cary Grant profile pic is great!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  7. Vintage Maven

They are Great Uncles on my Mom’s side, I will have to get a positive as to who is who yet.

Michael77 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted