Featured 1949 Vendo 39 Coca Cola Machine

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Heber Richins, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Heber Richins

Heber Richins Heber C. Richins

Earlier I posted that I was looking for a Coca Cola Machine, well I finally found and bought one for just $500 Dollars. I just got it the evening before last and I'm already loving it. It came from Lufkin, Texas, and I had it shipped for $1,000 plus a $50 dollar tip. I had originally planned to put it outside next to my porch but when I found out that it was a little smaller than I thought it was, I had it brought inside my little apartment. for a 73-year-old vending machine it's in great condition, the only few problems it has is that the cord is shot and no good so in the future I'll be looking for a new cord for it, the machine looks like it could use some lubrication, but other than that all the original parts seem to be here. whenever i see a machine like this and not running, I want to see what I can do to get it running and bring it back to life. But anyway, thought that every would enjoy this.

coca cola machine.jpg

coca cola machine interior.jpg

2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Wow! That's really beautiful! That hand with the bottle decal (?) is in excellent condition. Is the 4 cents the returnable bottle cost?

3. Bookahtoo

How does it ensure that you only take one bottle at a time?
    Of course I've used this kind of soda machine when I was a kid but I don't remember.

4. Heber Richins

I think so, it says 4 cents Deposit on Bottles taken from premises, so id say yes it is.

5. Bookahtoo

Ooohhh - so the human element is added in - you have to give the 4 cents to a person if you take it with.

You sure got a beauty!

6. Heber Richins

When you push down the lever it turns the drum once for each bottle and it also covers the other slots enough that you have to pay another 10 cents.

1657720495111-795387899.jpg

7. Bookahtoo

Oohhhhh- right... How clever.

8. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Heber-That's a beauty,are all the graphics original ? Doesn't like it's been messed with much.What's the most economical way to ship something that big and heavy ?

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

back then , the merchant was responsible for returning the empty bottles....to the service man....so the bottling company could use them again...

the original recycling scheme.......

then came plastic.......;):(:(

10. Heber Richins

Yes i believe all the graphics are original. It depends on where the machine that your buying is. This one was from Lufkin Texas on the east side of the state. I had it shipped by a gentleman named Ely Vegh. He transports this kind of stuff for people all over the country. The shipping for me was $1,050 i would suggest getting with him and not with any major shipping company, they will qoute you for 1,438 or more plus whatever the price on the machine which will get very expensive. You can find him on Facebook if you use it. If not, his number is 310-745-4869

cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Yeah, SO MUCH for recycling nicely!!!

12. bosko69

It's a beauty Heber.

NewEngland, cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

THAT is ONE VERY COOL COKE MACHINE!!!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:! CONGRATS!!!!!:):)

NewEngland, cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

It is a beauty. I remember staying at a motel in Lake George many moons ago and they had a similar machine. It was next to the ice machine so we could fill up a bucket and bring it back to our room.

NewEngland and cxgirl like this.
  15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

NewEngland and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. bosko69

If I drove up on this for $500-vacations over ! I rent a UHaul,drive back to Oregon and then fly back to join My wife,OR,buy it,store it,fly back and get 'er home.That's a humdinger !

Draft saved Draft deleted