Featured 1950's Nomura Tin "Robby" The Robot

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Ashton H, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Ashton H

Ashton H New Member

Suggestions on the value of this Robot, It was my fathers and am looking to find it a new home.

DESCRIPTION
    The robot is in fair condition, It is a later model. It is missing the clear dome portion that would go over the head. One of the rubber hands has broken off. The light on the top of the head is missing as well. The paint job is in good condition. There is a little rust on the battery door on the right leg. I am unaware if the the robot is in working order. It is stamped "Japan" in between the legs. It takes 1 battery in each leg ( UM-1 1.5V) robot1.jpg

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Figtree3 and KingofThings like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

no box....missing lot of parts.......still you may be able to get ' some' money from collectors who need the parts you do have...

see if you can find any of these that have sold...on ebay...or in auctions....and price yours accordingly ....

4. komokwa

$256 .......not bad.....
    you may be in line to get $200 for yours......or more ????

5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!

6. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

I remember many years ago buying one and got a really good price. I asked the dealer selling it how much was it. I thought he said "10", so I gave him £10. He then gave me £9 change. When I thought he said "ten" he had actually said "tin"

kyratango, komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  7. Ashton H

Ashton H New Member

Thank you for your help komokwa. The link you provided was a big help. Someone purchased it yesterday for $250 :smug:

8. komokwa

not me....Kronos......but I figured there was still a good value on the item....& I'm glad you got top dollar !!!! :happy::happy::happy:

KingofThings and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted