Featured 1960's Swedish TV Trading Card

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Bakersgma, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Just in case you find one in your travels, I thought I would post this little card that came in a bag of various paper items I bought at a yard sale this morning. Apparently these cards were a hot item for teens at the time.

2.75 inches x 1.75 inches, card stock, blank on the reverse. Earlier series (pre-TV I guess) featured the film stars of the day (called "filmisar" cards, I found out from the one non-sales site I found.)

Jeff and Lassie Card 1.jpg

Jeff and Lassie 2.jpg

The TEVE 51 is the card's series number.

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Nice Bakers! :)

3. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Great card, Bakersgma.

Did the "filmisar" cards show mostly Swedish film stars or a mix of several countries' film stars? Just curious. ;)

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The info I saw on the filmstars looked to be mostly, if not all, American. Same with the TV characters. But all the names and wording on the cards were in Swedish.

5. KingofThings

Ah well. If they were 'Northvegan'... ;) I could've said; Uff Da!
    Oh, I did. ;)

6. KingofThings

7. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Yes King. I have been to Crater of Diamonds Park. I did not find anything valuable, but a lot of really neat and colorful Jaspers. Sadly, my visit was brief, and I was not able to do any serious digging, but i did noodle around for about an hour, and had a great time. I do plan on going back one day and do some serious diamond huntion.

KingofThings likes this.
  8. KingofThings

That's great! Hope you can someday!
    My son lives near Chattanooga. Wonder how far away it is...

9. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I'm sure the drive there from Chattanooga could be done in a day easily. The place is kind of out in the middle of nowhere and is a very long drive down a 2 lane road through some very woodsy hilly terrain. Well worth it though. The town is very small, and not without charm. It is in a dry county though.

10. Batman_2000

Batman_2000 Well-Known Member

Great find! I don't remember these cards but I do remember Lassie, and it takes me straight back to childhood!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted