1970's LLadro Peacock Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jun 26, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_6634.JPG IMG_6635.JPG IMG_6636.JPG IMG_6637.JPG One of the sides has a chip on the bottom edge. No other damages.
    Buy now or take a chance with auction style?

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Its beautiful,but that chip is a deal breaker for me.If only it werent right in the front.

3. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Well, it's a peacock on each side, so not that bad.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've sold damaged Lladro, it knocks at least 80% off book/list.

johnnycb09 and judy like this.
  5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

kard, I would base your decision on how much you paid for it and how much you think it should bring at auction and start the bidding there. It's fabulous and as someone else stated, it is a peacock on both sides. The only thing I would suggest is that you clean it up so that it looks squeaky clean in the photos. A magic eraser should help the bottom edges. Sometimes creating the idea that it was well cared for and the chip was an unfortunate accident helps a lot. Right now it is sending the message that it was kicked around a lot and was subject to bad treatment due to its deformity, rather than cherished in spite of the chip.

FYI, this item was named "Decorative Peacock" 4766.3 issued 1971 and retired 1973. After 1973 they made it in plain form (all white) until 1978. I saw an all white one on line in good condition offered for $269. So, due to its rarity and fabulousness, I think it's worth a whirl at auction, starting it at the lowest price you can accept including fees. Good luck!

cxgirl likes this.
  6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

BTW, I checked WorthPoint and they have one of these shown as sold in March, 2017 for $133.50. It was listed as no chips etc. but that the inside needed cleaning. It was slightly different color than yours, the head being a amber/brown color and more of the amber/brown shown on the open tail.

Also, an all white one sold for $225 in 2015 and the photos looked professional.

cxgirl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted