1970s Photographs. Anyone Special...

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by 'Nuff_Said, Jul 20, 2014.

1. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

...or just junk?

Thank you!

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 001-001.JPG

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 002-001.JPG

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 003-001.JPG

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 004-001.JPG

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 005-001.JPG

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 010-001.JPG

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 009-001.JPG

2. 'Nuff_Said

The woman has some pretty nice antiques & fine art in the background...

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 007-001.JPG

1970s PHOTOGRAPHS 008-001.JPG

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  3. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Oh, just talking out loud, but that man looks really familiar!! Ugggg, it's really gonna bug me now! :joyful:

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Like everyone else in the brilliant phase of our entry through the atmosphere,, much light, much sound. the world could see nothing more amazing, and 3 decades later, they are unknown images in the cyberspace, forgotten but for the dispersion of trivia through the internet.

At the time it all meant something very important, we recorded it for a posterity that has made the not unrealistc decision to forget us all.

May it stay that way.

5. 'Nuff_Said

Junk they are.

Thank you!

6. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Methinks Al is transitioning from an old whatnot dealer to an elderly poet

User 67 likes this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I agree with tyeldom3, the man looks familiar - hope it comes to one of us.
    Mary

8. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

weird but I am seeing the words:
    Dear Ba?? & Ka??
    This is Wes waiting patiently for his ??? heart attack
    London 7 14 75
    PS But I'm a little thinner

9. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Both of them look familiar to me -- but who they are I can't remember. The guy is really familiar -- and I love that old "see my chest hair" 1970s look, LOL!

Dear Bert? and Kathy
    This is Wester? patiently waiting for his first heart attack...

'Nuff_Said likes this.
  10. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

oh god, that chest hair thing.....couldn't even bring myself to comment on that one! lol lol

11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Does he remind you of Gary Sandlering?
    greg

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The man does look familiar, but it's not immediately coming to mind who he is. The fact that somebody had it framed that way also leads me to think he was somebody well known.

13. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It's been driving me crazy since yesterday. I've been stuck on people from the film world - the closest I could come to "Wes" (if that's really what that says) is Wes Craven, but I can't find any pictures of him from that time period. And the more recent ones that are on the various websites, don't resemble this subject as much as I would assume (although gaining or losing weight over the years does change the face a lot.) Now his real name was Wesley and this writer's handwriting isn't quite as consistent with that interpretation as I can get to.

Focusing on the high forehead/receding hairline, the deep set eyes and the long nose got me to Al Pacino - just not the way he looked in Dog Day Afternoon. :wacky: (Not to mention that there would be no reason to call him "Wes.")

14. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

I like the stuff.

15. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

How about Sir Arnold Wesker? The piece of a map shows a low rent areas of the East End, where a 'Kitchen sink' playwrite might have lived, and I'm not much good at faces but there are plenty of images of him to compare.

If it is Wesker he'd be 43 in the picture assuming it dates from 1975.

The woman looks a bit theatrical.

'Nuff_Said likes this.
  16. Figtree3

AF, it does resemble Sir Arnold Wesker, and the word looks like it might be Wesker. Now, just need to find a photograph of him from the 1970s.

17. Figtree3

Check out this postcard that includes Arnold Wesker's signature. You can click on the small image of the card to enlarge. http://www.clickautographs.com/detail.php?id=6864

It is similar enough, and the postcard was written only two years after the handwriting on the note framed with the photo... I think this is Arnold Wesker. Still have not found a 1970s photo of him, though.

Fig

18. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Here's one from 1974
    http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/portraitLarge/mw82579/Sir-Arnold-Wesker

19. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

20. Figtree3

mymysharona43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted