Featured 19th Century Delft??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Silver Wolf, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

Hello guys so yesterday i saw someone who offering this kind of vase with lid,it was marked Delft B.I already search for the mark and it was said 1880's mark,so could it be 19th century delft?The height is about 30cm,what do you think guys?thank you

Delft 1.jpg Delft 3.jpg Delft 4.jpg Delft 2.jpg Delft 5.jpg Delft 6.jpg

Marzena, scoutshouse, BMRT and 3 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical. Where did you find the 1880's mark information?

3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

MMM, it looks like the bottom was glazed to look old, BWDIK :rolleyes:

4. Bakersgma

I agree, Marie - part of the reason I am skeptical. The other part is that the decor looks more like transferware than the hand-painting I am used to seeing.

5. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

It looks like a marriage

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. Silver Wolf

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  8. Silver Wolf

found this one,but different mark and colour,don't know if this are same item with variant colour or...

https://www.taylorsantiques.com/article.phtml?article=3685

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That certainly doesn't look right... the design, its execution, the crazing, the aged base. I would be skeptical too. Suspect a modern Chinese import, perhaps meant to deceive.

Debora

10. Silver Wolf

thanks for the advice,because i'm not familiar with delft ceramics marks i do recognize the recent one but not the old one,so i'm asking here

scoutshouse, judy and i need help like this.
  11. Bakersgma

You have misunderstood what this page is showing you. The pot you have shown us is missing 2 key principles as illustrated below - the "sign of the jar" and the stylized initials JT.

You pot has neither of these elements.

12. Bakersgma

Your Taylor link is to a 20th century item which is also not made by the true Delft pottery.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  13. i need help

431A608C-58D6-49B0-A488-B08AE61EAE1E.jpeg
    I know you said you have not bought this yet, so I assume you cannot get better photos. I did notice what seems to be impressed/inscribed marks here.

14. Silver Wolf

yes i'm not yet bought this one,so i seek advice here since i'm not too familiar with old delft INH,so what kind of mark there do you think?:angelic::angelic::angelic:

scoutshouse, judy and i need help like this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i would not buy this thinking it's true Delft !

16. i need help

I can not see them well enough, I would see what @say_it_slowly says. I agree with the assessment, that that brown wash looks suspicious.

scoutshouse, Silver Wolf and judy like this.
  17. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Unless Delft were using transfers and fake aging,no way.

18. Silver Wolf

thanks guys,i already decided to skip this suspicious delft :hilarious::hilarious:

19. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

20. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't think I can add much. It's a very familiar looking dark inky blue which is often a clue on which direction to look. Some French faience is inky blue as is a bit of Dutch.

I was curious if it was Boch also but their site showing marks used over the years doesn't include this one.
    https://www.royalboch.com/en/les-marques-2/

I will show you this mark showing a similarly written Delfts but missing more of their marks. It does have a connection to Boch but I don't know there is any connection other than that. img20191003_084811.jpg

Silver Wolf and scoutshouse like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted