19th Century French Vase Egyptian Design

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by VintageAlways, Aug 18, 2020.

1. VintageAlways

VintageAlways Active Member

19th Century French Vase?
    Egyptian Hand Painted Design, Bisque type Greek God Figure on handles. Gold gilt on handles, lip, and base.
    HELLO! And Thank You for any info on this old vase/urn which measures 10” wide X 17” tall.
    I am unsure of the age or type, or value. It is ceramic and possibly bisque. I found a similar vase on Google, but is was much smaller and had a different scene painted on the front. It also did not have the Greek God? faces on the handles. It was described as a 19th Century Paris Hand Painted vase. This is the only info I have found. Once again, thank you! I am looking forward to your reply no matter what the outcome! BTW, no cracks or chip. Wear to the gold gilt.

Attached Files:

johnnycb09 and charlie cheswick like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Not that I can see them, but I don't think the handle embellishments are meant to be Greek gods.

i need help likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. Bronwen

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

until a cameo shows up.....then yer spooky , too !!!! heehe!

7. Bronwen

Now I've got the song playing in my head!

dgbjwc, VintageAlways and komokwa like this.
  8. VintageAlways

VintageAlways Active Member

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted