2 Help with Age & Value 2 Antique Chinese Blue Underglaze Tile Paintings

Discussion in 'Art' started by alynnfin, Jun 21, 2021.

1. alynnfin

alynnfin Well-Known Member

I bought these some time ago. I believe them to be very old and they have so a number of individual paintings. They measure 40 3/8" by 14 3/8" by 1 3/8". Any ideas as to age or value or anything. They are beautiful paintings. They weigh 20 lbs each.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Why are the photos from Heritage? Is that where you bought them?

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Could/would you post a close-up photograph of the sticker on the back of the one?

Debora

4. Bakersgma

How many are there? Looks like 3? Probably telling a story about the immortals (or a similar group in Chinese mythology.)

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Actually, I think there's just two...........but good question as to why images are from Heritage Auctions! @alynnfin, have you already sent these to auction or are these from when you purchased them?

6. alynnfin

I bought them (2) from Heritage at an auction over probably 7 years ago, maybe a little more recent or longer, I am terrible with time. The sticker is mostly torn and it is like a sticker people buy to put on envelopes with their name and address and a design that they tried to take off. Should have taken the Heritage off, so did since I own the items now and have for years. I didn't even realize it was on the photos.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

what photo's ?:inpain:

8. Bakersgma

There were pictures attached this morning.

9. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

and poof they are gone. I saw them too.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Which way did they go?

Debora

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

south...................!;)

Pattywithay likes this.
  12. alynnfin

Oops. In taking off the Heritage logo, I made the photos disappear although I thought I reattached them. I think I forgot to hit post a reply after thinking they were attached. Here they are. D6115481-2C67-4069-B612-746368077DC5_1_201_a.jpeg F1DDE58D-E38F-41DD-9AA2-C6F24F8CE7CD_1_201_a.jpeg 314359A6-670B-425F-968E-EA0A3451EAE6.jpeg EC3E9589-799E-4989-8A14-0A78A489CA82.jpeg

13. alynnfin

I reattached the photos.

14. alynnfin

I didn't hit post so they disappeared because I took the old ones out and took the Heritage off since they have been mine for years.

15. alynnfin

Here are reattached without the Heritage logo because they have been mine for years. I forgot to hit post again.

16. alynnfin

Yes about 7 years ago one way or the other.

17. alynnfin

I purchased years ago over 6 I believe, give or take, and saved the photos. Didn't realize they had still had the heritage logo on them, so removed since they have been mine for so long. Any ideas as to age or ?

Draft saved Draft deleted