#2 - Oil on Canvas - Still Life - Signed

Discussion in 'Art' started by CluelessFarmBoy, Nov 16, 2021.

1. CluelessFarmBoy

CluelessFarmBoy Active Member

Hello again everyone, today I present to you the second of a series of five art works from the neurosurgeons private collection.

A still life rendering done in oil on canvas by hand, framed and signed not just once in the lower right corner, but it appears twice, with the second masked by the frame, tucked in just enough to where I believe I would need to remove the picture from the frame to view it clearly.

I don't relish the idea of attempting to remove the picture from the frame and unlike the subject matter of this particular painting, the entire 4 and 1/2 minutes that I spent researching this, proved to be...................
    .....Fruitless!

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20211116-035509-680.png Screenshot_20211116-035530-055.png Screenshot_20211116-035703-832.png Screenshot_20211116-035644-874.png

judy likes this.
  2. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

Decorative, I would think. The signature is kind of a tip off. Sort of a made up European sounding name.

CluelessFarmBoy likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I read Andre. Not very European, most Europeans would write it André. Looks signed with a sharpie. Both are red flags, imo.:sorry:

CluelessFarmBoy and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A common decorative subject as well.

Debora

factory-art-landscapes-and-stilllife-jpg.jpg

5. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

There are several listed artists with the last name Andre. This doesn't appear to be a pre-stretched commercial canvas from what little I can see of the photograph of the back. I would do further research. Perhaps you can match the signature.
    Here is a link to Andre artists on AskArt. It continues on the next page.

https://www.askart.com/artist/artist/A16.aspx

CluelessFarmBoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I flipped the photographs for those of us with neck issues. :p

Screenshot_20211116-035509-680.png

Screenshot_20211116-035530-055.png

7. CluelessFarmBoy

CluelessFarmBoy Active Member

Hahaha, thanks! Sorry about that. I was falling asleep as I was uploading, I'm surprised that I even uploaded the correct photos!

Draft saved Draft deleted