2 old looking textiles

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Dec 14, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I was wondering if these are from Peru ? If not or are, anybody know what they where used for ?

Thank You

Billy D. 017.JPG 018.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Absolutely right, from the Andes. Every town has its own style, I suspect the one on the right could be from Cuzco, the former Inca capital.

3. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

Yes, Andes - Peru or Bolivia. Can you tell us how big they are, and are they bags or just a single layer of cloth?

i need help and Jivvy like this.
  4. billyd3us

Thank You,

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. billyd3us

Single layer and small about 16 inches

6. 2manybooks

They may have been used for wrapping and carrying small items, including wrapping offerings - "despacho" - used in ceremonies.

7. billyd3us

Do you know what they are called and how old they are

8. 2manybooks

Carrying cloths are call "unkuna". Not sure of age, but they are not recent. Possibly late 19th - early 20th century.

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. billyd3us

Nice, Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted