Featured 2" pewter fish pendant - strictly curious here...

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by SBSVC, Nov 23, 2019.

1. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

My parents brought this fish pendant back for me from a trip somewhere in the early 1960's. (Wish I knew where they went on that trip!)

This poor little fish has been sleeping in one of my old jewelry boxes, and I think I'm going to add it to the Christmas tree this year - better to hang there than spend more time in a box, right?

Anyway, it has no markings on it, anywhere. Do you think it's something like Rune Tennesmed - or a crafter somewhere - or what? This is not urgent in ANY WAY, but I am curious.

pewter fish pendant front.JPG

pewter fish pendant back.JPG

Thanks for any input!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Bronwen, judy, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

What a Great idea to hang on the tree! :)

Bronwen, SBSVC and Xristina like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

My first thought was did your parents go to Alaska? Because it does look like a fish while laying on its side.

Then I realized that if it were hanging down, it wouldn't look like a fish. It would look like an ancient vase of some sort.

Bronwen, SBSVC and i need help like this.
  4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It will look great on your tree and what a fabulous idea! ;)

Bronwen, SBSVC and i need help like this.
  5. i need help

0B15E32F-5265-4403-8DEC-AE47CDC063DB.jpeg 6C162019-6F1D-4D51-95FC-E671C2C7E741.jpeg
    Quite possibly.

clutteredcloset49, Bronwen and SBSVC like this.
  6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Never would have thought of it NOT being a fish, but, hey - who knows, right?

On my tree (probably on the Pepparkakor tree - which I use these days for ornaments, not cookies - with all my Swedish stuff) it's going to be a FISH!

7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

It looks very Scandinavian to me......:cat:

Would love to see the Pepparkakor tree when you bring it out for display.

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I got a small "aluminium" tree last week to supplement the "real one" (full-size) that I hope to get for less than an arm and leg. And by small, I mean less than 2 feet tall. My plan is to decorate it with dangle-y earrings.

9. i need help

I look forward to seeing them all, in the “show us your tree” thread. :)

Bakersgma, SBSVC and Bronwen like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

No idea about the fish but I love the ruler!. Mine has the UK kings and Queens on it so I can appear knowledgeable about who ruled and when. :bookworm:

clutteredcloset49 and SBSVC like this.
  11. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Nope, Cluttered, they never did... I was thinking maybe one of the Scandinavian countries, but they never went there together, either. My Mom did, several times, but that was long after she & Dad divorced.

...and, Judy, see it you will! I've posted photos before in other years, but it's always different, so I'll be happily showing this year's model soon!

KSW, that's what I call my "eBay ruler!" (If it's not shown in my listing - along with the disclaimer "Please note that the ruler shown is NOT included - it's for size reference only!" - it's probably not MY listing!) I don't want anybody thinking I'm going to include it with their purchase!

Draft saved Draft deleted