2 Pottery Pieces

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

2 pieces of pottery I need help to identify.

1. Vase marked McCoy USA, wondering if anyone might know a pattern name or line number. Cream color measures 9 1/4" tall and 4 1/4" wide.

2. Yellow pitcher marked USA on base. I found a couple on Ebay stating these as McCoy but no proof offered on there ID. Measures 8 3/4" tall and is 4 1/2" wide.

DSCF9973 - Copy.JPG DSCF9975 - Copy.JPG DSCF9977 - Copy.JPG DSCF9978 - Copy.JPG DSCF9980 - Copy.JPG DSCF9981 - Copy.JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Your first piece is shown in the Nissen/Hanson McCoy book with a number No. K8-9" and from 1940-41 but not a name. I didn't see the other one there.
    upload_2020-1-27_19-59-15.png

upload_2020-1-27_19-57-55.png

UncleChuckTX, Bakersgma and Fid like this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Your second photo of a pitcher is a remake of an older vase that the mold received damage to the one handle. Instead of throwing the mold away they adapted the piece to become a pitcher.
    greg

UncleChuckTX and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thank you.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I see a spout on the side opposite the handle.

6. janetpjohn

The yellow one is Shawnee, just called a Paneled Pitcher, p. 212 of Shawnee Pottery by Curran.

Joe2007 and UncleChuckTX like this.
  7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    My Bad. I quickly looked at the piece without seeing the bottom. I thought it had the McCoy mark. Had several McCoy pieces where changes were made when the mold had problems. In the photo that vase K9 was first issued with handles and later on the handles were removed. Companies just did not have the resources to buy new molds or have them reconstructed they just adapted the old mold to make a "new" one.
    greg

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Your pitcher is Shawnee. It's shown in Curran's Shawnee Pottery book. pg. 212. Just listed as a Paneled Pitcher. No other info given.
    Don

9. janetpjohn

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Sorry, janetpjohn. Somehow I missed your post.
    Don

janetpjohn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted