2 sets of Oriental Bowls (4 in each set) Older than 20 Years I think

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Karen S., Jan 26, 2019.

1. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

Good Afternoon Antique members. I purchased 2 sets of blue and grey with brown rim Oriental bowls (probably the larger which is 5" across are rice bowls); and the smaller set of 4 are 3.75" across. Both sets have glaze crackle on them from age. The larger bowls have the central design circle with Oriental lettering circling on the outside of the 4 bowls. This set of 4 has 2 different center designs but similar lettering circling the outside. The smaller 4 bowls are all the same. I paid $20 for the larger set of 4 bowls and $10 for the smaller set of bowls. I'm not sure what their ages are or how to price them for my Vintage Etsy shop. The sales person who sold them to me was positive that they were of value.....whatever that means. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what their history is and what the signatures mean on the bottom. How old they are. I'm am a little concerned about the larger set having 2 different center designs. Thank you so much for reading and looking! Orienttal bowls large 2.jpg Oriental bowls large 1.jpg Oriental Bowl Large #2.jpg Oriental Bowl Large #2 front.jpg Oriental bowl small 2.jpg Orential bowl small 1.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

From what I learned looking at the cracking on your bowl is usually not a good sign. I'll let someone else who knows more comment though

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted