2 Watercolors Inez Smith York Pa

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Jan 2, 2019.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

DD63FB39-F7A8-442B-8590-439F880A6313.jpeg 039EBE22-0D8D-49E8-83B1-9C5AB64AAE89.jpeg ECF706D2-099A-419F-B932-97CD5775C431.jpeg 647C3A3F-5065-4947-8732-DB9474B1B9B9.jpeg If not wrong, the artist is Inez Dunnick Smith from York, PA. Wonder if the scenes are from the area?

Firemandk and Tina Moylan like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Why does it say Mrs Inez D Flohr on the back?

I would have guessed either somewhere in the Southwestern US or in the Mediterranean.

i need help likes this.
  4. i need help

Figtree3 and Jivvy like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Those look to have been done out West. New Mexico perhaps. (Dunno why a formal garden.)

Debora

6. Tina Moylan

Tina Moylan New Member

If you are considering selling these paintings, please contact me? I am looking for Inez’s paintings for my family?

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Inez Dunnick Smith Flohr ("Mimi", to me) was my great-grandmother. She lived & died in York, Pennsylvania. Her house, as well as my grandmother's house, was in Elmwood when I was growing up.

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

How interesting! Thank you for adding to this thread. Your great-grandmother's work is charming. Do you know the location in her works above?

Debora

9. I am asking my mother if she knows any info about these 2 paintings. Most of us in the family have different pieces of both Mimi's (Inez) & Ono's (her daughter, my grandmother, Beverly Deitz). My mother has some landscapes of Inez's I believe; the ones I have of hers are a circus tent with people & elephants (which I framed for my daughter's bedroom when she was a baby), a ballerina (which hung in my bedroom as a child), and a huge self-portrait my daughter intends to hang in her home someday... After all, Eliza Inez should have that creation of Inez Elizabeth's. ;) I have pics of the circus & ballerina pieces & would share here if I could figure out how to do it within this conversation.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I can't help, Ellen, but sure someone will be along shortly with instructions for posting photographs. Not to worry. All new members have a bit of trouble doing so at first.

Debora

11. i need help

12. Any Jewelry

So nice that she is interested, and yes, of course she should.:)

13. (I wish to show pics here within this established conversation- I will not make a new post or start a new thread, which is what those instructions seem to be for, unless I am misunderstanding them.)
    My mother said Mimi (Inez) & her husband visited Mexico & maybe California too & then suggested I ask her older sister, my aunt. My aunt said "They went on several nice trips, and she painted wherever she went. Spain and Mexico, others. Did you check for any writing on it? I also have a water color that I am not sure about. Wish we had a diary of her travels!"
    So there we have it- nothing precise, lol- but does show the Southwestern/Mexican & Mediterranean/Spanish influences.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  14. i need help

You can skip the first part.

Start by hitting the box that says “upload a file”
    And proceed from there.

Either way Thank you for adding to the conversation. :)

15. i need help

16. 100_3872 smaller?.jpeg
    Circus scene by Inez Dunnick Smith Flohr

17. i need help

That is lovely, such a different subject matters from the one posted here. :)

18. Ballerina by Inez Dunnick Smith Flohr 100_3877 smaller.jpeg

19. i need help

20. Any Jewelry

They are lovely, Ellen.
    My mother used to paint ballerinas, a bit Degas style.
    I think it is good to have them all together, and with your background information. A bit like an online monument.

Draft saved Draft deleted