3 Oriental Porcelain's

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by escmode, Jun 22, 2019.

1. escmode

escmode Member

Hey Guys, are any of the below 3 vases interesting in terms of age and quality? None of these were expensive buys, in fact two of them were 10 pence each!

Thanks,
    Patrick

DSC_0224 - Copy.JPG DSC_0226 - Copy.JPG DSC_0229.JPG DSC_0230 - Copy.JPG DSC_0233.JPG

Miscstuff likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

The one on the right I believe is Japanese.

The one on the left is Dutch from the Royal Delft factory de Porceleyne Fles. The Delft one is good quality and used to bring fairly good prices on the secondary market though I haven't looked in awhile.

The BB should be the date mark for 1932 and the funny V looking part of the mark may be for the artist Johannes van Lijnschooten at the factory from 1889-1935. His mark looks like a V with the the leg of a capital L.

komokwa, aaroncab, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The shortest one is marked "Delft" - not Oriental at all, made in the Netherlands.

komokwa, aaroncab, judy and 3 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

SIS sniped Bakers.....:happy::happy::happy:

judy likes this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Well, the Japanese one on the right I think dates to first third of 20th c, might be considered geisha ware, emphasis on might. Inexpensive when first sold and I don’t think worth much now. (I have no idea of values these days except to note that the ceramics market has crashed although certain items/manufacturers will always have good value.). The middle one is likely a relatively recent decorative piece. I agree that the nice delft piece is the best bet for resale, but I wouldn’t expect a lot these days. However, if you got it for pennies, selling for a couple of pounds is still good profit!;)

Draft saved Draft deleted