3 Paintings found in thrift store - 1 may be a real Antoine Blanchard? + Who are other 2 artists?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Dec 30, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these today (2 of 6 paintings & lithos/prints + a BIG carved tiki (I think) wood mask I ended up buying today!)
    The first is signed A. Blanchard; it is a oil on board in fair condition. When I googled the name I came up with Antoine Blanchard & saw some really nice prices people were getting/asking for his work! But I also saw something saying any paintings by him should be verified because he's apparently copied a lot?
    Any idea if I have a real one?
    The 2nd one looks like J. Sacks or J. Sachs?
    And the third one I don't recognize at all but I like it the best! (lol) - The name looks like Azipi... but the last part is behind the matting, so I can take it out of the frame if I need to.
    Can anyone tell who the artist was for that one?
    Thanks all!
    Happy New Year!

ART PAINTING A BLANCHARD 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING A BLANCHARD 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING A BLANCHARD 4AA.JPG ART PAINTING A BLANCHARD 5AA.JPG ART PAINTING THRIFT STORE J SACKS 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING THRIFT STORE J SACKS 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING THRIFT STORE J SACKS 4AA.JPG
    ART PAINTING THRIFT FLOWER POT ABSTRACT 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING THRIFT FLOWER POT ABSTRACT 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING THRIFT FLOWER POT ABSTRACT 3AA.JPG

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

The antoine Blanchard i believe is a copy l. The signatures are different from what i am finding online. He seemed to sign his work with his full name and the style is different. Still trying to find the other 2 pictures.

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I like the way the trees are done in that first painting - almost brutalist, but not what I see in Antoine Blanchard works.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The question with the Aizpiri is: Do you have an original print, or a cut-down poster?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Your Blanchard is not by the Antoine Blanchard - who also painted under another name BTW

Your still-life is cool tho

8. journeymagazine

I'll try to open back to see - thanks!

9. journeymagazine

Houseful likes this.
  10. journeymagazine

Draft saved Draft deleted