3D fabric roses, horseshoe, needle work on velvet in shadowbox frame - Victorian?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Bookahtoo, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I got two of these pieces, but only took photos of one. I thought they were from the 192os, but found that there was a big fad for making this kind of thing in the late 1880s, and that the horseshoe was a big Victorian good luck symbol, as well. These are fairly big - about 12" by 24".

smallDSCN6775.JPG

smallpic2.jpg

smallDSCN6777.JPG

smallDSCN6780.JPG

small6.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That certainly doesn't look Victorian. I'd think your first instinct was right -- 1920s or a tad later.

Debora

CheersDears likes this.
  3. Bookahtoo

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You didn't photograph the full frame but... If I had to guess, from what I can see, fabric and colorway, I'd think 1930-ish.

Debora

5. Bookahtoo

Yeah - sorry for the inadequate photos. I brought the pictures to my store today and someone very nicely took photos for me with their phone. She didn't realize how particular we are on here about our pictures. :)

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Reported

Debora and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted