Featured 5 T. of machine tools for $192.05 in cleanup auction

Discussion in 'Tools' started by springfld.arsenal, Aug 17, 2018.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

EA9DFBD3-8361-4D8A-A969-AFAC873D2295.jpeg

E96A2B18-0EAC-4EF0-A8A2-441776298A54.jpeg A big machine shop was auctioned off online, stuff located in E. Pa. I bid 91 items, won only 37. I was recovering from that, getting a rigger lined up to move the few heavy things, and 2 days later suddenly got an email about a “short notice, cleanup auction” online also, open for only 4 hours. This was for the 3% of items that didn’t get bids two days earlier. Since my rigger’s truck would have lots of space left I put in a few bids in the cleanup and won 4 items, two machine tools and two small lots of tooling and materials. The pictures show a vertical mill, a horizontal mill, a rack of bronze and aluminum, and some misc. tooling. Got the 3.5 ton vertical mill for $12. and the 1-ton horizontal mill for $5. These sound like wonderful bargains until you add in a few $K the rigger will charge me to get them out of the shop and back to my place.

E9C8DCF5-7E5D-44FF-A15E-1E389B011137.jpeg

F91EB61B-BDD7-45D5-AEE4-90699CB9857A.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Figtree3, judy, Bronwen and 5 others like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Way to GO, Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::happy::happy::happy::):):smuggrin::smug::D:cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  3. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Even with the rigger cost, you got some real bargains.
    Patd

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I like the drill bits...chuck and all !!

That's a lot of steel !!!

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  5. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

First thing I do after buying a used machine tool is find the manual somewhere, most are online here and there but some I have to buy from manufacturer or Eboo. Manuals for both mills are online, already had the one for the monster mill but just found it for smaller mill. I didn’t know what the “tower” on top was for but turns out it is an optional “automatic rise and fall” mechanism, so good that’s included.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2097/16353.pdf

komokwa likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I was thinking that at those prices, you could have them hauled to a scrap yard and still make money. Not that they're scrap; I've just watched too many Scrap & Pallet Man Youtube videos.

7. Mixdenny

Mixdenny Active Member

Each one of those bronze cored rounds is worth more than that!

Dennis

Draft saved Draft deleted