8" wide sphinx statue

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by anton34, May 13, 2020.

1. anton34

anton34 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell if this 8" wide Sphinx statue is hard plastic or celluloid? and can you project an approx. date on it! I have other Sphinx statues in all mediums including bronze but I've never had one quite like this! P.S. It's a little dirty! Thank you!

watermarked_15893891816320.jpg

watermarked_15893895489145.jpg

watermarked_15893892158043.jpg

watermarked_15893891994159.jpg

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

3. anton34

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

5. anton34

6. Aquitaine

Anton....your pictures are FINE!!! I just happen to have a program that USUALLY will enlarge and 'crisp up' images if they are good enough to begin with....which yours have been!! NO problem!! And your plain background is GREAT!!!

However, I'm NOT good at judging what your sphinx is made of.....I'm not seeing any little bubbles anywhere visible, so maybe that's a good thing!! Hopefully others will chime in!!

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  7. anton34

thanx allot aquitaine! may I be so bold as to ask what that "crisp" program is?

8. Aquitaine

It's put out by TOPAZ, and called "Gigapixel AI", and at the moment, they're doing frequent 'updates' which aren't making me happy as they're causing errors.....I have to log in and let them know!!!! AND when using it you have to be careful as the enlargements can easily go over 1 MB, which leads to other work for me!!!!!:joyful::joyful::rolleyes::D

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  9. anton34

ya, I'll stick with what I have! thanx though!

Aquitaine likes this.
  10. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's out there in any number of colors (yours is one of the more attractive), but no one seems to have specific info. One entry said resin, which sounds likely to me, another said made in India which, for some unknowable reason, strikes me as less likely.

11. anton34

could be resin! but top of the line resin work I guess! no little craters and beading anywhere!

12. SYNCHRONCITY

SYNCHRONCITY Well-Known Member

That is cool looking. Is this a bookend? I've seen pairs of Art Deco era bookends that look like this. Does it have some decent weight to it? I like it!

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  13. anton34

nice eh synchro......! ya a decent weight to it!

SYNCHRONCITY likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted