80's plastic/gaudy jewelry, belts, accessories and women's clothing

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Sav, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Sav

Sav Member

Hello! If you guys need help cleaning out your 80's stuff lemme know! I go to an 80's themed dance party every Friday and I really take the dressing up seriously! I've found some jewelry, belts and some clothes through thrifting but I'm always looking for more fun crazy stuff to add to my 80's trunk of fashion swag. :D Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 6.42.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 6.42.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 6.42.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 6.41.47 PM.png

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

A girl after my own heart ! I adored the 80s ! Heres a brooch Ive had since then,I used to wear it with a white satin collarless shirt . The last time I sported it was on my 50th birthday,and all night long people complimented me on it. At one point I had about 20 rhinestone brooches,some spectacular,but I sold them all when they brought killer money. I regret it all the time! They were so much fun. :)
    Its 7 inches long.My very last one. PS...you look fabulous![​IMG]

3. Sav

Sav Member

HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME! You should wear that all the time! <3

4. johnnycb09

Im too old now ! It takes a certain jen a sequa to carry off stuff like that. Heres a pin I found a few years ago in a thrift,4 inches long . You like it I'll be glad to mail it to you,no charge.
    [​IMG]

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Johnny, both the brooch and the pin are adorable!!!!

kyratango, Christmasjoy, judy and 2 others like this.
  6. johnnycb09

Thank you . You should have seen the one I had shaped like a chandelier,it was pink rhinestones and darn near a breast plate ! It was massive,I called it "Marilyn" for Miss Monroe. A dear friend of mine worked at a goodwill in St.Pete fla and she would bring me boxes of this stuff for literally pennies. I had a denim jacket covered with brooches that someone stole when I was at a bar ,thank god they werent my best ones. Thanks to Sav,Im immersed in great memories this evening. :)

7. Sav

Sav Member

OH I think you and I are going to be good friends! Please tell me there are photos of you wearing that fabulous glammed out denim jacket! You are definitely never too old for glamour, I'm going to be channeling Elton John, Iris Apfel and Elizabeth Taylor when they have to throw my goofy ass in the retirement home. <3 Hell if you lived anywhere NEAR Portland Maine I'd be dragging you to 80's dance night with me! xo

8. johnnycb09

I wish I still had pics ! A spiteful ex threw all my pics out in the mid 90s. I used to wear that jacket,wich was black,with a George Micheal "Monkey" video hat .I loved fashion,and dressing up,and were I in Maine Id certainly go to that dance glammed to the max. Unfortunately,I live in Jacksonville florida,not a place conducive to glitz and glam. I have a pair of pink shorts and a pink and blue hawaiin shirt I sport on occasion (with pink socks,why go halfway ?) and you should see the looks I get ! :)

9. johnnycb09

I kept thinking you reminded me of someone,then it hit me,Mary Louise Parker ! I bet youve heard that before!

kyratango, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  10. Sav

Sav Member

Hey she's a babe! I'll take it! My grandma was always convinced I looked like Sandra Bullock when I was a teenager, and in a hilarious mistaken identity story while I was on a ferry with my grandpa as a teenager this man came up to me practically screaming because he couldn't believe I was there in front of him, then he yelled at his whole family to come over and get a picture with Molly Ringwald! LOL My grandpa was kinda a prankster so he said, "Well since they ID'd you Molly you might as well take the picture." So I posed with them HAHA

11. johnnycb09

Thats hilarious! I love all the women you listed,raise your hand if you watch The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink at least once a year. :) Thats an awesome memory of your Grandfather.Mine was born in 1901 so he was very staid and serious.

12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you guys are giving me a good laugh.......thanks...:):)

13. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

In the course of my life I have been told that I look like Louise Lasser & Diane Keaton. I have been mistaken by a drugstore clerk for a soap opera star I never heard of & could not convince her otherwise. Another time, a man walking from the other direction stopped dead in his tracks & cried out Mia! I thought the next word might be cuore, but no, Mia Farrow!; before age got hold of me I was about 5' 10", so not unless she'd had a growth spurt. Always thought it was a pity I hadn't met Woody Allen.

I have been both told that I look like & actually mistaken for Jane Goodall. This is the only one that makes any sense at all.

If you mean 1880s, I can help you out.

14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

No you're not! I am older than you and have been known to go completely overboard on jewellery.
    I am now into matching bracelets, since I don't wear a watch anymore. I'm talking big ethnic cuffs.;) And always long dangling earrings or big hoops of course.:happy:

I love both the brooch and the pin btw.

15. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Great thread, hidden away in the "Wanted" forum where I almost never look! Welcome to Antiquers, Sav!

16. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

We could start one: Who I've always wanted to look like.

kyratango, Christmasjoy and Figtree3 like this.
  17. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

And also, People I've been told that I resemble.

18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I get called by other people's names regularly, but never anyone famous. It's always someone who bowls in one town or teaches in another.

Who I wanted to look like is easy: Katharine Hepburn, Grace Kelly, or like my father was Gregory Peck. Good luck with any of the above.

19. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

My father THOUGHT he looked like Gregory Peck ... he didn't :). My mother thought she was a dead ringer for Ava Gardener .. she wasn't. Although fine looking people they had their fantasies , Miss you always Mum and Dad .. Joy.

20. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Funny...just today I was told I looked like Mel Gibson....
    never heard that before....
    mostly ...it's a younger Kenny Rogers.....that I've heard a lot !

Draft saved Draft deleted