Featured A big shout out to Bercrystal for helping me out with my atomizer

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by desperate_fun, Nov 13, 2014.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I had purchased an atomizer a few months ago and have been going slightly mad looking for an atomizer bulb to fit it. I was pretty much at my wits end trying to find one that would fit this Czech bottle.

I had posted for some help here and a few folks offered u ideas and took a look through their stashes to see if the could come up with anything.

Bercrystal found a couple of bulbs she thought might work and graciously offered them up to me. I received the bulbs yesterday and unfortunately they didnt fit, but I was not about to let that stop me. I had read online about swapping out the fitting on the bulb with one of the correct size. I had the original from my atomizer and figured I would at least take a look at it. Well, it was going to be too big to do the swap, so I was back to square one.

I work in a field where sometimes you need to make things work, so I can usually come up with a viable alternative.

I decided this morning to make an adapter that would screw into my atomizer. I knew what size the thread that I needed (and we have lots of small bolts that size here at work) The plan was to cut the bolt down to the proper length and then drill a small hole into it to allow me to thread in the replacement bulb. I was just about to grab a bolt when I remembered that I had some nylon/plastic bolts here and they would be much easier to work with. I grabbed one of those and drilled a small hole in it, cut it to length and TADA! It worked like a charm (It took me longer to type this up than it did to make the adapter) The great thing is? It is functional.

So, I want to thank Bercrystal for her help. It is really appreciated.

Welz.JPG

dgbjwc, antidiem, eclectic and 11 others like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are very welcome!!! :happy:

I am glad I could help. The bottle looks really good.

On a side note are you an engineer by any chance? The reason I ask is my DH has his degree in Mechanical Engineering & this sounds exactly like what he would say if presented with the same problem. ;) LOL

desperate_fun likes this.
  3. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Not an Engineer, just a handyman :)

spirit-of-shiloh and kentworld like this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

5. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Perfect match for a very nice bottle.

Great job!

desperate_fun likes this.
  6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

You know what Red Green says: If the women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy...

Draft saved Draft deleted