A BUNCH OF RANDOM THINGS NEED SOME HELP??

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Ashley Felton, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Ashley Felton

Ashley Felton Well-Known Member

just a bunch of vintage stuff I find cool. Any value? I know very minimal of any . I usually just buy stuff for myself but curious. I know nothing about this stuff...but I find it interesting...any help appreciated 142DFE7A-FC10-4983-A511-1A603A1A5AC4.jpeg 361D6435-1FDB-49BA-B254-04D4BBDBE61D.jpeg FFEDDC3A-E827-41EE-925A-0292DE278B15.jpeg 89263796-FD31-4C19-BDBD-A49026093E12.jpeg 68507D85-9C89-42E2-8741-E4808377ADC7.jpeg D4BC39DE-7098-4C87-9D70-D4C0B89DAA8C.jpeg 435F2944-7226-4B2D-85F2-F4ECA429D15D.jpeg 9A04796F-9B45-424B-B0F0-EBEF190D329D.jpeg 9FC27B60-4FFD-489D-8988-96FA1763D75A.jpeg 90341EDD-5077-444E-85FD-D05E24793D73.jpeg

2. Ashley Felton

I have a feeling the majority probably isn’t even vintage hahaha...it’s all cheap. The two teapots are $21 for both and I like
    Them...the three plates are $3 ...cheap. It would
    Be nice to make maybe $30-40 to buy my son something for Christmas tho. I’m fresh out of an
    Abusive relationship and have no job and no money at the moment so maybe someone can help me out andmpoint me in the right direction? I only have $40 to my name right now but I need to make money quick for rent and for Christmas. Maybe tell me what sells the most? Obviously I can’t afgord God’s quality antiques FA1B97D0-C6D2-4F31-A8AA-C35EA924303F.jpeg 198939D0-4ABD-4646-BE67-F3CA50BD8394.jpeg 2489F824-5583-4721-8E45-3DDBB755F1EE.jpeg CE8C4748-2518-4F57-BFA0-D255CDF78EF5.jpeg 92BEEEA8-8342-4F1C-B723-F8384602640F.jpeg

Attached Files:

3. Ashley Felton

And I have a feeling this is very modern however I love it C5F88342-ECE6-4809-A13F-420162CAFE53.jpeg B06ED1D6-FE66-4DCB-B53A-C1C3258F0B84.jpeg

Attached Files:

Sandra, Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Ashley! Sorry about your difficult time at present. Try to stay strong & become involved in one of the support groups if you think it will help. It's late at this point, so you might not find many responding right now.....more should tomorrow. Some of the images you're posting look interesting....especially the cat that just showed up!!! Others will probably want to see the backs of the plates and the bottoms of those tea pots. If there are any marks on them, close-ups could help in identifying as well. Just because you didn't pay much, does not mean they have no monetary worth. Many of the members pick up great buys at Thrift stores, yard sales, etc.!!!! Good luck!!!

5. Ashley Felton

Yeah even if I can get $5-10 it will help with giving my one year old a good Christmas and buying a tree and a few toys. We have no family or friends that are in our family so it’s jist me and my baby against the world. I’m doing everything I can to stay afloat

Sandra, judy and scoutshouse like this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I can’t tell what material the first one is, but it’s a fruit topiary.

judy, Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Your plates are part of the Warren Kimble 2000 'Animal Collection' dinnerware set. They should all be marked on the back with the information:) I used to have the set, not sure what ever happened to it.
    Is there any charities local to you that can help out with Christmas - maybe The Salvation Army or something similar. Might be worth checking out and would help ease the stress of the season for you:)

Sandra, Bakersgma, judy and 4 others like this.
  8. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

In general it is much easier to buy than to sell and it can take time. How will you sell - ebay, Craigslist, consignment, antique mall? Best to buy what you know - what do you collect and have experience with?

9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The Father Christmas snow globe would surely delight someone this time of the year. The question about where to sell is a good one. Are you already set up somewhere like eBay or etsy? I'm thinking about the fact that selling on line usually involves having to mail things & mailing things takes money up front. When you're a new seller, your money isn't released right for a while. Is there anything like a flea market near enough to be a possibility?

Figtree3, Sandra, judy and 2 others like this.
  10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The tea for one set also seems like a good gift giving item.

i need help, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm missing something.
    All your other posts have been about buying things.
    If you want to shop for resale you should be shopping the thrift stores, not full retail shops.

If you don't already sell on ebay or etsy, I'm not sure I would get my feet wet right now. Too many pitfalls for an inexperienced seller. But wait for other opinions about this.

Your best bet would be to take a few things to some shops and see if they are buying.

12. Ashley Felton

Yeah I actually knew they were fairly new and the name of the set. I accidentally put them
    In there....you think I can get a few dollars for
    Them? Even five or ten dollars helps

judy likes this.
  13. Ashley Felton

Yes I’ve been asking about buying items you’re correct...I see items I like and then ask here BEFORE I buy them lol ... I just buy little things here and there that I like and then when I get bored I sell them and get something else.no antiques just like tacky Victorian Type style glassware and glass baskets everyone hates so much lol...I have a Venus de Milo statue and a antique hurricane crystal lamps etc. nothing crazy. I’m a recently single mom and pretty broke. I do however need to maintain my sanity and do something for myself once in a while.

As for selling, I DECINITELY AM NOT READY
    to sell antiques. It’s oeaked my interest a lot but I don’t know much at all. I am learning a little here and there as I go along and do my research and of corse as I speak to people here on forum. But I love all the history behind the pieces. I find it fascinating ! I guess what I was saying is, for instance a lot of women have gone back to the Victorian/antique style of jewelry....that style is “in” right now so people are making money selling that type of jewelry. Is
    There anything I can invest in and make even a little money? Me and munchkin son relied on his dad financially and that is wht kept me around for so long even as he was abusing me and choking me unconscious. Because I don’t have any family to take us in or help or any friends. So last year I left him the first time and we spent Christmas in a domestic violence shelter and it was terrible. I haven’t gotten a Christmas present in five years either that’s y I am buying a few
    Little nick nacks that I find cute because I think I deserve something. But anyways...I just want my son to have a nice Christmas. Last night a woman hit a nerve. I’m flag broke pretty much but I came up with $20 to get. Small tree and ornaments do it...small four foot tree just so that my son could smile and know he has what the other kids have. This woman had the nerve to call and tell me not to come yet because she had to work late and she would lmk when she was leaving....then she marked the tree sold and blocked me! That set me off on the wrong foot for the holidays ...so what I’m trying to say is...it’s just me and my one year old against the world. I’m two months behind on rent and yes I contact toys for tots and the angel
    Tree and they had me fill out an application three pages long for one toy and hen said they will call me to come
    There (45 min Away) to sign th application and then I have to go back and get it. By the time I spend all that money on gas I’ll be able
    To buy him a toy myself. Anyways I’m totally off topic...

Anyone know anything about the blue and white teapot?? And the gold lady I love! Although
    It doesn’t need look worth anything lol

14. Ashley Felton

You know I absolutely LOVE shopping thrift stores because you find the coolest one of a kind stuff. But I don’t know what I’m looking for in resale...I’m trying to learn. What I need to know is the basics...maybe pick one category like jewelry or glass or metal and focus on that and then go to
    The next category learning he basics. Let me
    Ask this....what category would
    I make the easiest quickest money? Since I don’t have a car and I live in the middle of
    Nowhere and I have no babysitter to
    Watch my son, this is the only way I can
    Try to make money right. Ow to
    Stay afloat and keep diapers on my baby

judy likes this.
  15. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

You have to stay strong and not rely on others for help. I too was a single mum of 3 children after I took my kids and left an alcoholic husband. The first thing I did was Find a Job .. it wasn't easy .. I bought Nothing for myself but concentrated on food and the needs of my children. There are perfectly good toys in the thrift shops for children for very little money, I remember ripping worn out clothing of my children and making the pattern from them and using old fabric to remake them. You'd be surprised how resourceful one can be when in need .. be strong. A few years down the line I met a most wonderful man who loved my kids and loved me.. we spent 27yrs together until he passed away .. he is remembered with much love by myself and my children. Stay strong and keep telling yourself '' I Can and Will do This" The main thing is to find work as soon as you can, stay positive, and I wish you well, Joy,

16. Ashley Felton

Oh trust me I’ve been making it work and I haven’t had anyone help me in the past year I’ve been alone. It’s been me and my son. I always figured out a way to make money. I ant to work but I’m in the middle of nowhere in Alabama and have no car and there is no public transportation. I have a one year old I need to get into daycare and I applied for daycare assistance six months ago and apparently the list is long as heck. I’ve been very sick as well. I dropped forty pounds in the last four weeks and I have a lump
    In my neck. And just this last week I found out I have POP. Doctors say I have an autoimmune disease but they don’t know which one yet. My joints swell and I am in a lot of pain and I am so fatigued I fall asleep sitting up anywhere. So please don’t make it seem like I am a single mom
    Trying to grub off of others because I am not. I have been on my own since I was sixteen and have been working since I was thirteen. You don’t know the details and what else is going on in my life. I have extremely bad anxiety and panic attacks and flashbacks of my sons father choking me unconscious over and over for hours....glad you were able to get it together but not everyone is like you, everyone is different that’s what makes the world an interesting place.

17. Ashley Felton

But anyways this thread was about trying to find out some
    Info on the little pieces I posted. Just some stuff I found for cheap....need some
    Decorations in my place

18. Ashley Felton

Hmm well didn’t make it very far. I like the teapot was hoping I could find something out

19. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Sorry you're in a tough place right now.

I only sell occasionally on Ebay and Etsy (actually not at all the last two years but that my own story). What I will say is that for online sales it's often all in the name and condition. So when researching it's important to record all info about marks or lack of marks as well as doing a really good look for any damage. Checking sold listings is a good way to see if it's worth your effort.

At flea markets some people, usually looking to re-sell, are also very interested the the maker and other people just want decorations. Everyone is looking for a deal.

My daughter started selling on Poshmark and did fairly well with certain name brand clothes she found at thrift stores but did a lot of time researching what was hot and is very picky about condition. She's since shifted to mostly jewelry and has does well but again she's researching hot styles and maker's marks all the time. She checks sold prices. They take a hefty percentage of the proceeds I think but it's an another option out there.

Anyway, on the blue and white teapot it might help to know any marks on it. Calico or chintz are possible search terms. In general without knowing the maker I'd say that where I am it's a style that was popular 10-20 years ago but I don't think so much now. Other areas could be different.

20. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The ring in pic #7 appears to be Navajo and may be the most valuable piece you have. Any marks?

Draft saved Draft deleted