Featured a collection of Staffordshire figures, which ones are the prized ones?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Aug 23, 2020.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

This from an auction that went down yesterday. Most are staffordshire but not all, the entire collection sold for $1000. Not sure which pieces added to that value and that's my question. The one in the back with the quote "Dont you wish you may get it" and monkey perched up there is 9" tall. that one I estimate is $200-400 so perhaps it adds $200 of value to this collection which are the other prizes? . THere are two others on the left: that lady vendor selling eggs and milk and that organ grinder with little monkey. I was unable to find any representatives of those so I dunno. There are other figures of sheep and such but those dont strike me as particularly valuable. But maybe someone has a better idea. H0119-L219785466 (1).jpg H0119-L219785466.jpg H0119-L219785470.jpg H0119-L219785491.jpg H0119-L219785495.jpg H0119-L219785498.jpg H0119-L219785500.jpg

NewEngland, Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Those sheep painted with an orange sponge might be quite old.:bag:

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Two or three of them are German fairings. Overall condition of the pieces is pretty spectacular, and 16 pieces for $1000 doesn't strike me as very pricey - pretty cheap considering condition IMO

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Those are the fairings I mentioned above, hard paste porcelain so not Staffordshire, although often sold as such.

5. sunday silence

RIght, but is there any one piece that stands out as being more valuable?

Mugzinnys likes this.
  6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I don't know, the poodle with the bird looks kinda cool and sorta Ralph Wood-ish but probably not.

Mugzinnys likes this.
  7. sunday silence

Draft saved Draft deleted