A couple of early Pendelfin rabbits with rectangular labels - Biscuit Midge Two Crumbs and Margot

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Botanic, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Botanic

Botanic Member

Hi

I thought to begin with that these were two a penny, but on closer inspection this morning it would seem I might be wrong.

Biscuit Midge (Two Crumbs) has the older style rectangular label on the bottom. Also seems the two crumb version is rarer than one crumb (but not as rare as three). But I've struggled to find one exactly the same, as those I have found have different coloured spots, or a different label etc.

It's a similar story with Margot. The label type is apparently very early and uncommon. I've read that the pleated skirt version is the earliest, which this doesn't have. But I've not been able to find any with the same colour and design of skirt.

So are there any Pendelfin experts who can help say how rare they are and what they might be worth? If not, any tips for sites which might be able to help?

I do have additional photos if they would be of use.

Many thanks

1  Small for forum.jpg
    2  Small for forum.jpg
    5  Small for forum.jpg

2. Botanic

Botanic Member

And some more photos...:

IMG_20191223_113827709   Small for forum.jpg IMG_20191223_113920795  Small for forum.jpg IMG_20191223_113933764  Small for forum.jpg IMG_20191223_114044789  Small for forum.jpg

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very cute.

i need help likes this.
  5. Botanic

Botanic Member

Well, it's going up for sale ;)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. Botanic

Botanic Member

11 months and one pandemic later... I put these away as other things have gotten in the way this year! Am now catching up and wondering if anyone else out there with Pendelfin knowledge has any thoughts.

@Ownedbybear - thanks for the link. I see the one in the US eBay listing has black dots rather than the white dots of my piece. Don't know if that is a significant difference to collectors...

Ta

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm not sure either!

8. Botanic

Botanic Member

Oh well, thanks for confirming anyhow. Back to google then I guess, unless there are any Pendelfin experts lurking in the forum wings...

Draft saved Draft deleted