A Couple of MCM German Pottery Pieces

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kentworld, May 19, 2018.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I am trying to de-accession some things I collected a long time ago. I went through a German MCM phase and I have some posted on my local Varagesale sites. One I wasn’t sure of the maker and the other I cannot verify the info I have! I went to the ginforoddities site and Forrest directed me to the FB group for id.

The grey-green jug was id’d and is by Heinz Siery for Scheurich. Imagine my surprise when the designer commented on my post! He wrote, in German, my work! Can’t get better provenance than that! He is in his 80s now.

The other is this spear-shaped dish that I’m pretty sure is a mid-century German production. I had a note that said Carl Anvera, Arzberg, but I can’t seem to find any info on google to verify that information. No one in the FB group can id it. :(

I am selling them for “cheap!” if anyone is interested, so I will post in the for sale section, too. If anyone can id the spear dish, I would be very grateful! :kiss:

E77ECBCE-28CB-4A4E-9362-F7FB730D8A15.jpeg AFD212C1-EBEC-40B7-9457-4EB8AC91AA27.jpeg CE669BA9-042D-4E4E-B13A-510C7C3B46CB.jpeg 82A3F5D9-B8D1-41F1-B95B-A64080FF6509.jpeg

2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Well, the Scheurich one sold yesterday, so all I have is this mystery piece. Too bad there wasn’t a Mark Finder app like there is for identifying plants. Ohh, there’s an app idea!:smuggrin:

3. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Looks like caviar, but that makes no sense!

kentworld likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted