"A Different View" -help on who artist is

Discussion in 'Art' started by smshart, May 7, 2022.

1. smshart

smshart Member

A Different View 7.jpg A Different View 1.jpg A Different View 2.jpg A Different View 3.jpg A Different View 4.jpg A Different View 5.jpg A Different View 6.jpg This abstract mixed media art piece captured my attention not too long ago and it was one I just had to have. When I brought it home, my husband said "a painted blob of material"? I had to laugh since what appears as a "blob" of painted material when looking at it straight on, is actually a face when one looks at it from different angles; hence "A Different View". A fun reminder to me that things aren't always what they appear to be and it's when you look at things from different perspective's, that something wonderful could be found. The face material is soft to touch even for being painted, so I'm thinking a felted wool was used since it is the same thickness throughout? The round 'ornament' on side of the face that the pheasant feathers drop down from is possibly ceramic, but not sure.
    There is no artist name that I can detect. On back is the art gallery from where it was originally purchased, however research shows that the gallery is now permanently closed. Wanting information if available on who this artist is and if more works are available.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2022
    Figtree3 and judy like this.
  2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Figtree3, judy, smshart and 1 other person like this.
  3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

I completely understand your husband’s first reaction but yes the ‘side view face’ makes it interesting..

judy and Born2it like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Is the back covred with paper from the framer and if so, have you looked on the back of the actual art as well as under the mat for a signature?

judy likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

All I could find online. Gallery opened in 1993.

Debora

rS1xHvGHSbaCjjmbxLeacA_thumb_16ad.jpg

smshart likes this.
  6. smshart

smshart Member

I have not peeled the paper backing away to see if there is any signature there or attempted to look under the mat. Rather afraid I'd ruin it if I did that.

7. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

8. smshart

smshart Member

Hello,
    Very interesting reading about this artist and seeing her works and the awards she's received, very impressive. I have reached out for advice regarding this piece.
    Thanks!

Figtree3 and Born2it like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted