Featured a few pottery and jewelry pieces

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by charlie cheswick, Jul 2, 2020.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

hi everyone

a few charity shops have opened again and found a few bits and bobs yesterday, thought id share and get a bit of extra info

the bits im stuck on are the ceramic face beads, brooch/pendant and raku jar

also the chinese slamander pot im finding hard to estimate age as it seems in rather good nick, dont know if its as old as the last one i found

any thoughts or info on any piece appreciated

d8.jpg d9.jpg d15.jpg d4.jpg d5.jpg d6.jpg d7.jpg d11.jpg d12.jpg

Bronwen, johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  2. charlie cheswick

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I can't help you, but I can send congrats at finding some pretty stuff !!! :happy::happy:

Bronwen and charlie cheswick like this.
  4. charlie cheswick

Thanks me old mucka, good to be back in the game :)

komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The one with the 96 on it looks like Staffordshire.

charlie cheswick likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Seconds on the Staffordshire. No idea who or what the topic is supposed to be. Now if only the stuff was selling for what it used to! The enamel bracelet is someone's souvenir of a trip to Paris. 1950s I think. The critters playing instruments looks like a very politically incorrect ???humidor??? It's got a double lid from the look of it.

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know much of anything about Staffordshire figures but there are some similar to yours online that they are calling Adam and Eve watch holder. Most of them have an opening where the clock face appears on yours that would be a place to set your pocket watch. I don't know if they made them with a painted clock also but since there are repro figures out there, you might check that.

8. charlie cheswick

Thanks sis, that is always a possibility with staffy pieces

Just found one the same with painted clock, but that could be repro too

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antique-...-Clock-Spill-Vase-Flatback-19thC/113716179830

Mine was so cheap I couldn't resist, and also had a old very pricey tag on it

Bronwen likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Brooch/pendant is 20s or earlier 20th, look for a tiny mark. I think silver.

The tobacco jar is annoying me. It's 1860s ish and I have entirely forgotten who made them.

I think the flatback is "newer".

10. charlie cheswick

Cool thanks obb

Brooch needs a good clean but I thought that was a possibility

The tobacco jar I've seen a couple of varying prices on but this one is such good condition, which no damage, and with the inner part, Goss I think.

The flatback I'm 50/50 on as its got the blue tinge tin glaze you see on old staff pearlware, but that's hard to see in the 1 pic

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It isn't Goss I'm thinking of. Ah! Got it. Watcombe. That beading and border are typical.

Draft saved Draft deleted