A French Tapestry from Paris, Gobelins Manufactory? Royal?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Crysta L Swindell, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Crysta L Swindell

Crysta L Swindell New Member

I bought this at an estate sale along with another longer tapestry. They came in a pair. I uploaded a picture of one and what came up was Paris France and Gobelins. I hope that maybe someone may be a little familiar with the style at least or if they are dressed in Royal clothing? The stitching on the back is very irregular and not uniform by any means. And I find interesting the color on the back side is so gorgeous. Interesting even more is when looking at the picture behind the people, within the scene, is actually a body of water reflecting things in the scene. Also, what seems to be a fountain with a serpent just next to it eluding it is water. And just about center in the distant view of the scene is what seems to be a ship but it is just barely visible and one can make out a flag flying on the ship. It is incredible to me how there seems to be a picture within the picture. Beautiful. Tapestries are amazing in their own right. Thank you kindly for any opinion on this.

Crysta Lee

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

put the photo here please....

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

4. Crysta L Swindell

Crysta L Swindell New Member

I have optimized my photos to a lower file compression, zip filed then one at a time and still, I cannot upload on this forum. Please if anyone has a suggestion. I have followed the instruction on how to do this on this site and still I cannot upload.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Crysta!

If you are using your phone, email them to yourself.

I then crop them in a photo app, but I believe @I Need Help, chooses Medium when sending and that seems to work for size.

kyratango likes this.
  6. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I hope you get the image situation sorted because it sounds like something I'd love to see!

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum,Crystal! :)
    Are your photos 1 mb or less?

Draft saved Draft deleted