A green and amber crystal chandelier attribution

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Elle Mistral, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Elle Mistral

Elle Mistral Antique lighting restorator

Hello dear antiquers,
    Please help me attribute a crystal chandelier I bought recently. I've tried to do some research on my own, but got even more confused.
    All support parts are made of metal (not bronze or brass) and painted in golden color much later I suppose. The main "stem" is quite thick, what makes me think it was a gasolier, which was electrified later. The cryslal beads are look hand cut. The style is definitely french. The color scheme is not very traditional and reminds me ita 008.jpg lian chandeliers. There is some similarity to english F&C Osler chandeliers.
    There are also two wall sconces that look like art deco style to me :)
    Please let me know what you think about origin and period 002.jpg

KikoBlueEyes and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

In my humble opinion it looks like it was cobbled together from many different parts. Not that its not interesting,I love the green.

Elle Mistral and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Elle Mistral

Elle Mistral Antique lighting restorator

The cut and shape of green and amber octagonal beads is the same, so I think it's original design color -wise. Unusual indeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted