A little about myself......

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jacqui, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

Hi all, I feel privileged to be on this forum, as you all seem lovely and helpful as well, it’s the first forum I’ve ever been on so please bear with me on how things work etc... it’s a learning process!!

I love collecting and learning about things especially the beautiful and eye catching. I have all sorts of collections, I have books, paperweights, jewellery, marbles, art, compacts, pottery etc..... unfortunately I have not an awful lot of spare time !! however I’m currently trying to make more space in my life for enjoying life’s treasures.
    I am a gardener by trade and I have been such for over 20 years I have attached some pics of my work (before and after) A41DD54B-99BF-4433-ADE6-2B08FB02A3E6.jpeg 715AD3A1-B8C1-4F6E-8444-BB1F3E3E4456.jpeg 9C875E69-9363-4F4F-9132-AE1D6DA93CD9.jpeg 2EA1F3DA-250A-4B66-9A16-BF682EF08179.jpeg 3F6F5F4E-DE80-4707-A438-7A39FC49B0D3.jpeg
    It’s nice to know there’s some other people out there with similar interests and I hope to get to know you all better, once I work out how the website/forum works properly that is
    Jacqui xx

Figtree3, SBSVC, i need help and 9 others like this.
  2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Welcome Jacqui. Nice work.

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Jacqui !!! ... Joy. :):):)

i need help, pearlsnblume and Sandra like this.
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Hi Jacqui,

My son had a natural pond in the corner of his land.

20160522_161932.jpg

He dug a quarter acre out with a JCB and made a larger lake.

He now has an established lake stocked with fish, only problem is the Herons are attracted.

IMG-20181216-WA0001.jpg

Figtree3, SBSVC, i need help and 3 others like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Lovely work, Jacqui!

6. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

Wow I love that!! When I lived in East Sussex it was something I did for a few customers that was to make natural ponds as the ground was all clay, I have not seen much clay since I’ve been in Sheffield but have to say it makes life much more pleasant for planting etc up here!! I unfortunately can not advise on herons apart from the obvious deterrents which I’m sure he knows about

Attached Files:

7. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

Thankyou

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

Smiling... Thankyou x

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

One of my sisters has been a landscape designer and installer for over 30 years. A great deal of work, but when it comes together the result is wonderful!!

10. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

The Herons are not scared of the dogs or cats, so he bought some dummy Alligators to scare them away, but the dogs attack the gators:D

20190630_145750.jpg

croc3.PNG

11. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

welcome and wonderful work.

13. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

That’s hilarious maybe he should buy a cat fish, they have been known to eat pigeons..... mind you that may mean they eat the dogs..... the only answer would be to install a ceiling which would be an interesting task x

14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome, Jacqui!
    Thank you for sharing your artwork with us. It really takes talent to tame nature. :)

Jacqui and Christmasjoy like this.
  15. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Jacqui, your work is LOVELY! I am suitably impressed!

Jacqui and Christmasjoy like this.
  16. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Christmasjoy and Jacqui like this.
  17. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

When I was a child, there was an abandoned orchard near where we lived. Every spring, one particular patch of that orchard would turn into a pond, about 30' across and maybe 3' deep. Snow melt, I guess. That pond was always full of frogs, frogs' eggs, tadpoles, the whole big deal, but by late spring it would have dried up completely. By summer, if you didn't know the site, you wouldn't have guessed that there could have been a pond, but it came back year after year. And always, the frogs. I often wondered where those frogs came from, and where they went to.

Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

frogs....in general....bury in the mud....and their body slows down...to be reanimated when the rains come again..

Christmasjoy and moreotherstuff like this.
  19. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @Jacqui ! Thanks for the photos of your work. They are beautiful!

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted