Featured A pendant and a brooch

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Harlequincat, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Harlequincat

Harlequincat Member

I've had these two for ages now. One is sort of a pottery pendant I'd love to know who it's by so I can find more like it.
    The other is a brooch which I love. I don't want to wear it because I have a habit of losing brooches! I just have it as a sort of ornament, I don't know the age but the clasp seems unusual

20220908_150757.jpg 20220908_150805.jpg 20220908_150954.jpg 20220908_151003.jpg 20220908_151025.jpg 20220908_151032.jpg

LauraGarnet02, kyratango and KSW like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the pendant looks like a Celtic dragon.......but that mark has an african head look...
    :wacky::wacky::wacky:

the scottie is missing a dangle from it's front paw...
    I'd say 50's ...maybe 60's........but the Joullies will know better.....;):(

LauraGarnet02 and Harlequincat like this.
  3. Harlequincat

Harlequincat Member

It does look celtic in design. I thought the head looked a little like those onion type jars that were popular years ago :bucktooth:

Ahh I wondered why there was a lil hoop by the paw, that would have been for extra decoration or a safety chain etc?

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Pendant is Celtic with a studio pottery mark that I can't make out. Or at least, it's not familiar.

That clasp has been added.

5. Harlequincat

Harlequincat Member

Ahh so not always been a brooch?
    I'll have to keep trying to find out who the pottery mark is by :)

KSW and PepperAnna like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Think it was the 50s when Scottish terriers were all the rage.

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's kinda what I was thinking too.

PepperAnna, Harlequincat and Bronwen like this.
  8. Harlequincat

Harlequincat Member

That's great, thanks for that.
    I have a little collection of dog brooches now. I see then and can't resist.

KSW, Bronwen and PepperAnna like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That clasp is earlier than the 50s though. I think that's a little 20s Art Deco dog with an added clasp. It occurs to me that the ring might have had a chain attached to another wee dog. I've seen those.

10. PepperAnna

PepperAnna Well-Known Member

Both are lovely. Does the Scottie have any markings? So you think it is silver or base metal?

KSW, Harlequincat and Bronwen like this.
  11. Harlequincat

Harlequincat Member

Ahh thank you, I have seen little wooden scotties with a couple chains attaching it to some little ones. I have one of them somewhere, but didn't realise they did it with metal too

KSW and Ownedbybear like this.
  12. Harlequincat

Harlequincat Member

I've looked hard all over but cannot find any markings. It looks like silver though, and feels quite solid and heavy for its size

KSW likes this.
  13. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Love the Scottie dog! He looks beautifully made, I’d be hunting a silver mark on that!

Draft saved Draft deleted