Featured A pretty little table not sure of the age but it's pretty.

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Kasperscuriosities, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

This was another piece that came in with the estate today that I took a liking too. Excuse the dust it just came off a truck.

13062223_1079129155476921_2029547406344962312_n.jpg 13103557_1079129138810256_4954015556731161429_n.jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Looks like a nice Rena Revival piece. I think it had a nice marble top before it was removed and the glass placed on it. It is a very nice table and I would give it house room.
    greg

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I already did.(LOL) I have my great-grandmother's of similar design. Hers still has the marble top. They often didn't survive. Someone may well buy this just to get the oval glass; getting that cut these days is expensive.

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  4. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

We have a smaller marble topped table up now that everyone who has walked in has immediately been drawn too. It isn't anything special but it does get attention. I am betting this one will be an easy sell. It's much nicer. I think it looks better without the glass but less protected I suppose.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

great legs.........ahhh... the table that is !! :hilarious:

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Ha Ha!!! LOVE your new avatar!!! And we also have a rectangular marble topped very similar table in our extended living room that was Husband's mothers!! Nice!!!

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with Greg that this looks like a Renaissance Revival piece. It is in awfully good shape and the proportions seem a bit off to me. You might want to check it over carefully to make sure it is not a reproduction. If not a complete reproduction, it might be that just the top is new. Just doesn't look right to me.

Figtree3 and Kasperscuriosities like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted