A small Chinese Blue and White Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by AnMarie, Feb 22, 2023.

1. AnMarie

AnMarie Active Member

Screenshot_20230222_211309_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230222_211232_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230222_203831_Chrome.jpg Hi, me again needing some help in identifying this lovely little vase. (It stands 17.5cm tall). I've found the same on Etsy, however, each time I try to visit, I get a message...429 too many requests! :(

I haven't a clue how to read the markings and would really appreciate your help in dating this. It looks hand painted and quite old, but who am I to guess lol

Thanking you in anticipation :happy:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    wlwhittier likes this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I can't help you with age, but look closely. This looks like transfers to me. There is a haze around the edges that usually signals transfers to me. Also it is very uniform with no brush lifts. This is not meant to say it is not old. Transfer were used on old pieces. Look at the bottom. I can't see any wear. I am no expert by the way, but as an amateur this is what I look for.

AnMarie and Potteryplease like this.
  3. AnMarie

AnMarie Active Member

Hi, I didn't know the tell-tell signs, regarding transfers. And yes, of course, I forgot about the wear and tear on the base.
    Thanks for your reply. :happy:

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  4. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

I say 2000s 4 character mark of qianjiang. Idk if transfer or print. Usely you'll see tiny dots. Anyway not antique the blue is way off. It's nice thou

5. AnMarie

AnMarie Active Member

Thank you :happy:

6. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

Damn auto correct srry not qianjiang is a qianlong mark. I clearly don't re read what I type sorry about that

AnMarie and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

It happens to me all the time :D.

AnMarie and Jose Deleon like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted