AA Badge Information Needed Please.

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by skerry, Nov 13, 2018.

1. skerry

skerry Active Member

Hi all,

I've got this pin badge that I am very sure is something to do with the UK motoring rescue company The AA. However, I cannot find any information online whatsoever about the inscription on it or any reference to this badge "AA TOP PATROL CLUB".

I suspect it was a club for members children to join because that would make sense of the inscription but I would like to confirm this,so are there any badge people and who are automobilia collectors as well that can shed any light on this for me please?

DSC_1086.JPG DSC_1088.JPG DSC_1090.JPG

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Skerry, I think this is one here:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/aa-automobile-association-top-patrols-163763811

The description (which I can't verify in any way...) says:

The badges were specially commissioned by the AA's Roadside Service Directorate and would be awarded to only the very best and highest performing Patrols in the UK. Highest performers in respect of Technical ability (Repair Rate and speed of Response ( Average Call to Arrive time) speed of diagnosis ( Average Arrive to Complete time), Customer Satisfaction and New Member recruitment. Taking all of these factors combined together only the best of Ptrols were recognised formally and presented with the special badge.

The badge was produced in a very low number production run and were presented to only an elite band of the very best Patrols , who would become and form the elitist "Top Patrol Club. The badges were thus worn proudly and exclusively by just a very few of the very best.

The badges would be admired and the topic of converstaion and debate amongst the Patrols peer group, members and other AA Staff alike.

komokwa and i need help like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

SBSVC likes this.
  4. skerry

skerry Active Member

Hi, thank you for this information, I really appreciate it. I am always amazed at how members on here can find the information that others members ask for. I can't speak for others but I do try and find out the information for myself but sometimes just can't find it online. My web research techniques need more experience I think.

An interesting article as well that you have pointed me to. I'm becoming more of a collector in my older years although my wife says I am a hoarder not a collector haha. Badges are my thing at the moment, at least I can catalogue this one now. Many thanks again.

i need help, komokwa and SBSVC like this.
  5. skerry

skerry Active Member

i need help and komokwa like this.