Featured ABP/EAPG Glass - Help Identifying

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Jan 1, 2023.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I now have too much glass, so these four pieces have to find a new home. I bought these before I had acquired some better pieces, so I would appreciate any comments or feedback on makers, age or anything, so I can properly represent them. I have searched for matches but get so lost. Sorry.

1. The first is a butter dish, I think. I couldn't find one with this particular top.
    IMG_8749.JPG
    IMG_8750.JPG
    IMG_8752 (1).JPG

2. The next is a footed small bowl. I see a lot of these, but no one says a maker or an age. It a 3 1/2 inches high and 4 1/2 inches wide.
    IMG_8755 (1).JPG
    IMG_8756 (1).JPG
    IMG_8757.JPG

3. The next is a medium sized bowl on three feet with cut flower detail. I did find in my research that they started to put on floral patterns after 1910. It is 7 1/2 inches in diameter and 4 1/2 inches high.

IMG_8758 (1).JPG

IMG_8759.JPG

IMG_8762.JPG

4. I'm almost out of photo space, so this one will continue in the next post. It is large and oval. Also with cut flowers and a sawtooth edge. It is 12 1/4 inched long X 8 1/2 inches wide and 4 1/2 inches high.

IMG_8763.JPG

2. KikoBlueEyes

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

1. Ohio Flint Glass 'Gloria' c1906
    2. Westmoreland #500 open sugar c1910; AKA: Checkerboard, and later reissued as Old Quilt
    3. McKee #412 Innovation c1919 ftd. fern (sans liner); part of McKee's 'PRESCUT' line
    4. maybe ABP

4. KikoBlueEyes

You are truly wonderful. Just what I needed. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.
    I am working on researching those vases we discussed. What his site has are the original pattern books, and you need to understand the technique being used to see a certain S&W piece. So far, I have scrolled through the Hot Decoration "Applied" books, which are small drawings, several times. This is going to take a while. I now have a preliminary sense of some of the characteristics but that is all. Very few photos.

TallCakes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted